Coochin Creek & the new CT....

Coochin Creek & the new CT....

Postby elpaulos » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:50 pm

Took the new camper trailer to Coochin Creek on the Pumestone Passage this weekend for a shakedown. I must've looked like a newbie because before long I was helped out by 2 blokes keen to help........
Any noise here seems to travel far, so a car radio is heard everywhere. Great fishing or boating spot. Kids had a great time riding bikes and playing bocce.
For somewhere to camp close to Brisbane, this was good but I wouldn't hurry back. I like a bit of space.
the camper trailer worked out really well. Fairly easy to put up (when you know how) and pretty easy to pack up ( after an hour of trying). Very nice to go camping and sleep on something than a matress on the ground.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by elpaulos on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
91 Landcruiser.
elpaulos
Camping Veteran

Re: Coochin Creek & the new CT....

Postby elpaulos » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:56 pm

Sorry about the size.....
91 Landcruiser.
elpaulos
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:45 am

elpaulos wrote:Sorry about the size.....

You should resize them Paul, make them more forum friendly.

Glad to hear your maiden voyage went well and yes it is a learning curve that is for sure but you'll be on top of it in no time at all....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:54 pm

::) Glad to hear all went well!!!!

It gets easier with practice... It took us half the time(from our maiden trip) to put ours up on the long weekend and it was only the fourth time we have done it so it doesn't take long once you have done it a couple of times and worked out what, where, when and in which order works best!!! :***
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Hippie » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:48 pm

We went to Coochin Creek last weekend. Really enjoyed the kayaking and the fishing. I agree with your comment about the space. Not enough for us. Not a very big camp ground and seemed to have alot of people there, probably because it is so close to Brisbane. Apart from the noise (including someone deciding they needed to start up their chainsaw after 10pm) it was an enjoyable place to stay. Allowed camp fires and toilets were pretty clean. No showers though but we had are own so not a problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hippie
Boy Scout

Return to Queensland