Lake Ainsworth Caravan Park

Lake Ainsworth Caravan Park

Postby bonger » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:49 pm

Hi All

Well we went to the tornado ravaged Lennox Heads on the long weekend. Certainly had some destruction down there with houses totally gone and the house next door to it with not even a tile ripped off. Just goes to show what these storms can do! :shock:

Anyway, the caravan park was packed, I am more of a bush camper but we had a 23 footer coming with us that needed power (hence the caravan park option)

The place was lovely, nicely set out in terms of facilities etc but the sites are way too close to eachother. You were basically stepping over ropes of the adjacent campsites.

Probably the only other bad factor was that there was shards of glass all over the campsite from the tornado, we picked up probably two glad sandwich bags full of glass in our area alone. so shoes were a must for kids and adults alike.

had lovely weather friday and saturday but the heavens opened on Saturday night and stayed pretty much that way until we left on Monday.

I got some pretty decent photos of around the traps and the campsite so will post them when I find the time.

Next camp is not until September now due to the wife getting sick form this trip and my baby still being a popsicle at night time.

Cheers
Bonger
Mitsi Challenger, 06 Trackabout Deluxe Tourer, Wife, Child and Dog. Sometimes not in that order :P
bonger
Camping King

Re: Lake Ainsworth Caravan Park

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:47 pm

Thanks for the report bonger.....looking forward to the pics.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Good to hear you had a good weekend Bonger and that the people of Lennox are up and running again, hope your wife is feeling better soon.

Look forward to the pics.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby bonger » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:22 am

I also forgot to mention that they had brilliant markets down there on the Sunday. Thai sweets, home made relishes, jams etc. Not a wind chime in sight :D
Mitsi Challenger, 06 Trackabout Deluxe Tourer, Wife, Child and Dog. Sometimes not in that order :P
bonger
Camping King

Postby dicko77 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:06 pm

We also went to this park and i found it very good the only small thing i would say was the lane ways were very skinny and not the easiest to back the van in other than that we loved it and would go back again in the summer months as it was a bit cold for us. We found the sites were quit large for a van park and thought there was plenty of room for van and car.
Cheers Dicko :beer
dicko77
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:19 pm

Did you guys happen to meet up?????
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby dicko77 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:15 pm

No we didnt would have liked to but just didnt happen