Camping Community

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Should Camping start a social community.

Yes it would suit me.
25%
No I like the forum platform.
51%
It really does not matter to me as long as it is easy to use.
25%

Total votes : 77

Re: Camping Community

Postby stevo. » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:44 pm

oooo will be interesting to see what it's like :cheers
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby BUSHGEAR » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:56 am

I say keep the forum style...Facebook and Twitter are good but they are for Gen Y'ers. Most serious campers are not Gen Y. I guarantee whoever leaves the forum will be back soon enough...
Leigh
www.BushGear.com.au
The #1 online store for all your outdoor needs
Get Online then Get Outdoors!
BUSHGEAR

Postby Activity_Dept » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:34 pm

Thanks everyone will keep the forum as it is definitely however will offer a few more options in the new format so users will have a choice. I have to say though I am going to get a few 'not happy Jan's' when everyone finds out they have to login with their email address instead of there user name ::() but can't be helped unfortunately, however this should be the only real change. But don't panic just yet as I just lost another staff member so have delayed the release for yet another month :shock: sorry oh well I've been waiting for 3 years now whats another month right :bunny

But you guys are the heart and soul of this site and it is my wish not to disrupt the growth but to strengthen the group and give it a united voice. You are a community of grass roots users in this outdoor leisure industry and your opinion needs to count. So this means providing you more tools, more members and access to more information and services. So this is my goal, granted it has taken me ten years to get this far but lets see how far we can take it over the next ten.

So I am working on the vision but like all :idea: they do take time. :cheers
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:39 pm

Activity_Dept wrote: they have to login with their email address instead of there user name

Don't think that is too much of an ask AD.....I am probably one of the more sensitive (private issues) members here and I don't have any issues with it.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:27 pm

All good things come to those who wait!! :+ :+ :+

Not an issue for me either. Look forward to seeing the changes. Keep up the great work.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:53 pm

JUST AS A SUGGESTION....

Another forum we are on hooked up with Facebook....NOW....A number of our members yak away on there....instead of in ''here''.
Personally,,,I think for the long term of the Forum....STAY AWAY FROM FACEBOOK!!!

Cheers

Rosco
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:03 pm

I am a member of one of those type forums too Rosco and it is a right royal pain....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Lin » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:19 pm

The problem with Facebook is that it doesn't have the same functionality that allows you to have easy to find seperate topics and to easily keep track of posts and replies. It's pretty basic and meant to be read chronologically, with the most recent posts always at the top. Totally different from a proper forum.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Rosco1 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:36 am

I'm with you on that one Lyn...But what I was trying to mean was....Facebook has an 'easy' chat section where members can chat one --on--one....not actually for the rest of the world to read........Its sorta an advanced form of ''PM''ing each other......
Atleast PM keeps you home on the forum to do as you mentioned
We have a chat section on Camping in OZ,,,,IN MY OPINION..Its killed the neat family conversation we used to have by putting posts each time ...(I know this sounds ''double-Dutch''...I don't think I'm explaining it very well.......) ....Better have a :beer ...lol
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat