Just joined

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Just joined

Postby Foreveryoung » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:50 pm

Hello
Just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. Just bought an old viscount van and hubby and I will be taking her for a maiden trip. Yep! hubby me and the dog. Not going too far from home this time as we are new to caravaning and camping and so is our dog.(hope she likes it) Any tips from anyone? What to take etc. :hello:
Foreveryoung

Re: Just joined

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:04 pm

Best idea would be to have a good look around this forum.....heaps of info and great tips here.

Might also be a good idea to give us a general location of where you are...not much use giving you info on Vic if you live in Qld.

Might also want to tell us what sort of camping you are planning on doing....bush, beach, caravan park etc

BTW....WELCOME to the forum.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby keviny6 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:13 pm

g'day and welcome
keviny6
Boy Scout

Postby Titch » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:25 pm

Welcome from me as well.
Take Dunny paper,first last and foremost,Gum leaves scratch.
Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GollyGee » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:01 pm

:hello:

I'm a newbie to the site too (but not so new to camping). Be sure to add a comfy chair and your favourite evening wind-down drinky. That and a toasty fire should see you off to good start. :)

Golly.
GollyGee
Camping King

Postby Rosco532 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:33 pm

I 'LUV YA NAME''....And lots of camping is the way to keep yourselves like that..(well,,,,thats what I reckon...lol)......

Beer,,food,,beer,,cloths,,beer,, a list of what there is to do in the area,,beer,....and make a list of what you don't use when you get back(run the list for a few trips till you get a pattern of what not to take)....after that....you will need a ''Beer'' (can be substituted for wine....)

Cheers
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:37 pm

:hello:

Welcome to the forum.... what a great spot of the world you live in....love it up there. :?#

Where are you heading for your maiden trip?
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Foreveryoung » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:14 pm

Thankyou for all the welcoming messages
Got a few mods to do on van 1st but plan to do small trip soon to test things out. Hope poochy likes it - think she will -loves the car. Weather starting to warm up a bit no rain(I hope) today. Any suggestions for up this way?
Foreveryoung

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:18 pm

I am sure 'poochy' will love it especially if as you say she likes the car. She will be happy just to be with you FY.

Always make sure you have her covered for ticks before leaving home. And get her used to a lead and being tied up as some places will not let you camp if the dog is not on a lead. I made up my own lightweight 2 metre lead for camping.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: