Camp-let trailer tent / pop-up trailer tent

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

How well do you know Camp-let trailer tents

I own a Camp-let trailer tent
8%
I know someone who own a Camp-let
8%
I have heard about Camp-let
33%
I dont know Camp-let
33%
What is camping?
17%

Total votes : 12

Camp-let trailer tent / pop-up trailer tent

Postby nobrainer » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:36 am

Hello,

First post here, just came across this forum.

I work at the danish camp-let trailer and seeing this forum I feel like asking if you guys know of our tents and if so what you think of them?

For those of you that dont know webpage is below.

I hope to get some response, as we would like to know a bit more about how well known (or unknown :o)) we are.

Thank you for your time

Thomas
nobrainer

Re: Camp-let trailer tent / pop-up trailer tent

Postby TBF » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:43 am

I have family in the Netherlands who are also very much into camping.
When there last year, one had a Camp-let and the other had a Alpine Cruiser.(I thinks thats what it was called)

The trailer opens up into a rather large tent area..not expected when you first see the trailer.
I don't know if the canvas is of heavy enough duty for Australian conditions.

Aart
TBF
Camping Veteran

Postby CampGrrlz » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:31 am

Hi and welcome to our forum ...

Camplet was high on our list for a while. It is impressive in a number of areas - the amount of space for one, how it folds up into a small package and better yet, how the trailer can be stored in a small space.

The reason we did not proceed with the purchase was the beds. Good grief, the beds! If there's one thing you need when away from home it's a decent bed! And so often the beds are so difficult to get into/out of. We're not as lissom as we once were. With the Camplet you have to crawl down to the end of the bed to get out of it! How daft is that! OK if you're a teenager but being in our advanced senior years, that is just not an option. An island bed is what we need but what - except for very large caravans - is not available. Alternately, two decent-sized single beds which allow for easy access.

When they first came here they had 10 inch wheels, not sure how they survived even the highways never mind the byways. By the look of the recent pix, the wheels are a tad larger now.

Not concerned so much about the weight of the canvas - with any light-weight camping vehicle or tent you need to be wary of the weather and take appropriate action.

Elaine
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby HGMonaro » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:47 pm

think I saw one once. At Katherine Gorge. We were amused by the size of it and the tow car! Thought it would be what Mr Bean would go camping with! The owners, an elderly couple had towed it all over Oz and were very happy with it.

HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Return to Camper Trailers