Bailies 'Haircut' day

Questions, answers, tips and more about camping with pets.

Bailies 'Haircut' day

Postby Rosco532 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:47 pm

She just loves her new 2 speed clippers....Avis has it done in no time...then a quick touch up with the scissors and....its all over...(then she gets her Smacko for being a good girl.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: Bailies 'Haircut' day

Postby Titch » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Lucky Bailies a girl going by the scizzors.
She looks lovely.
Must have been haircut day, my younger brother got one as well.

mullet.jpg

Titch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby CampGrrlz » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:09 pm

Rosco532 wrote:(then she gets her Smacko for being a good girl.)

Nothing works better than bribery and corruption! Mine knew there was a bone following their wash so they stood up in the yard and put up with the cold water.

Elaine
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby Rosco532 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:50 pm

Elaine, She actually gets '2' smacko's through-out the process....first after her bath,,,dry...brush...then the 2nd after the trim......and boy....does she know when she doesn't get the whole smacko (try & trick her some times by only giving her half...lol)
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby HGMonaro » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Interesting... we have two poodle crosses and we've tried two different powered clippers (one 'professional' model that cost us about $170, one a cheapo) and neither will cut their hair. The Mrs has to trim them completely with scissors which makes for a long afternoon!
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Postby Rosco532 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:50 pm

WOW...Can I relate to that Monara.....
We started with 'cheapies' (twice)....It got to the point, I couldn't stand listening to Avis moaning about them...and seeing the pain poor ole Bailie was in as those old clippers tried pulling her wool out 1 by 1.....infact, the clippers would normally not cut at all.
This time I did a heap of background checks and detective work to make sure I got the best...So,,,I started asking, The Vet, Pet stores, Professional groomers etc which ones were the best,,,,,,As soon as I mentioned the Poodle part of her breeding ( Bichon Freise x'd S hitsu x'd with a Toy Poodle= designer dog=put the price up ...lol) Anyway....They ALL said.....
Must be an ''OSTER'' 'A5'...AND ,,Must be the ''2 speed''......(This time...costing $310-00...But who cares if its for Bailie...ay)......lol
The rest is history....what was 2 hours mowing, is now 20....30 minutes. :+

Avis just does the wash....Bailie does the dry (she loves her dryer)...Then Avis finishes with the mow........Oh.....And Avis just yelled....She uses the 1'' comb for the body mow.

Can't go wrong with these fellas...... :***
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby CampGrrlz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:54 pm

Rosco532 wrote:(try & trick her some times by only giving her half...lol)

Dogs can count, Rosco ;)

Elaine
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby HGMonaro » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:32 am

thanks for that.. might have to track some of them down. Looks like they do a great job!

Our mutts are supposed to be of similar mixture but look like they have short legs than your Bailie.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm294/HGMonaro350/P_K73630.jpg
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Postby Poodle Jewel » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:35 am

Aussie Sunset bought a set off the net from clipper world $260 with a dvd telling you all the tricks,2 blades and i think a 5 inch and two inch comb the brand i think was Whal.She did my two poodles in no time.
LOl love the hairdryer set up.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco532 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:48 am

Poodle....One of our '2' was a wahl......but it wasn't 2 speed.....Drove avis crazy(ier...lol)
Monaro, I also saw the Oster A5 advertised on the net for around the $280 mark...but it didn't have the free offer of the bag (suppose it wasn't really free...ay ha ha)
PJ...We made the hairdryer set-up a couple of years ago....Bailie just loves standing / turning under it....funny when you see her waving her head from side to side...just like it would be if we were actually doing it.......saves Avis time & effort......she gets brushed after that before Avis gives her,,,her cut (approx 6 weekly)....Bailie gets a bath most weeks.

Cheers & Happy ''Grooming''
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby HGMonaro » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:08 pm

Rosco532 wrote:Monaro, I also saw the Oster A5 advertised on the net for around the $280 mark...but it didn't have the free offer of the bag (suppose it wasn't really free...ay ha ha)

saw that. need to get the 1 inch comb too I think.
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Postby Titch » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:45 pm

Get Avis to try this style next time Roscoe :grin:

dog.jpeg

Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco532 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:30 am

Gee Titch....Looks like that poor 'Dawg' uses the same barber as your Brother....lol

I have to admit,,,Iv'e never been a great fan of 'close-cut' hair cuts on Dawgs.

:cheers

Rosco
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Camping with Pets