Roman 4wd mats

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Re: Roman 4wd mats

Postby hoadie72 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:07 pm

They're not too bad compared to a fully inflating mattress but because there is some air in them they can get a little cool. I've used them down to about 0c lining them as per above and have been fine :)
Ben
hoadie72
Captain Camping

Postby jezzabel » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:59 pm

Hi
Yep I have 2 x Roman ones with the inflatable pillows and 2 x Rays Outdoor Brand...Wild Country, all are King Single. The Wild Country ones win hands down, the Roman ones are cracking around the edges requiring loads of patching. The outer quality of the Wild Country are great as well, after a bit of wear and tear they look alot better than the Roman.
jezzabel
Boy Scout

Postby MDC » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:10 pm

Well we ended up buying two blackwolf mats:

http://www.blackwolf.com.au/mats/mega-deluxe

Went with these because they pack up a lot smaller than the 4x4 mats and have heat bonded seams, which a lot of other mats don't seem to have.

This weekend is the first trip with them so I'll report back next week!
MDC
Captain Camping

Postby stevo. » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:02 pm

stevo wrote:I must have bought the wrong one :oops: ... ok ok i'll try to stop complaining :***

I've used my Roman sleeping bag a few times now and it seems pretty good. I still don't like the zips, they're a no name brand zip, havent failed yet but look pretty dodgy.
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Lin » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:09 pm

I am amazed at how bad the quality of most name brand sleeping bag zips are. I got my daughter a $50 sleeping bag (no idea of the brand - would have to go find it) and it had one of those plastic thingies that prevents the material getting stuck in the zip. Another tech term... I have yet to find another sleeping bag that has one of those those and it's a constant annoyance for me that the zip of my sleeping bag gets stuck. (Espcially in the middle of the night when I've had to go out in the freezing cold because my bladder is having a beer party!)
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby stevo. » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:14 pm

Same here, i am surprised that the big names use no name zips? I would have assumed they would all have YKK zips?
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby NIgel W » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:46 am

Does anyone know if there is an issue with 4wd mattress getting wet. I mean do they dry quickly ? Are they ok on the car roof (with the supplied bag they come in) during rain storms ?
NIgel W

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:04 pm

No problem with getting them wet Nigel, provided you dry them out completely before putting them away again....otherwise they will become mouldy.

And WELCOME to the forum.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Previous

Return to Gear Guide