Who has heard of Aussie Swag Campers ???

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Who has heard of Aussie Swag Campers ???

Postby Rosco532 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:50 pm

Avis & I have been looking for a Camper Trailer and came across this one about 2 years ago,,,Time to start asking the questions bas the time to buy is getting cl;oser.

Does any-one know any-one with one of these ?????

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: Who has heard of Aussie Swag Campers ???

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:02 pm

I have heard of them alot Rosco especially in the Campertrailer Aust mag....they took one on the Cape trip this year.

Haven't had any personal experiences though sorry.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:11 pm

I seriously looked at buying one.

They have a very good reputation but there were some things I did not like so opted for the ModCon.

At the time I felt the bed was too small, not a full double bed size. The depth of space under the bed was too shallow. I did not like the rear entry door.

Did not like the pulse switch on the tap….it was not a turn on/off fawcett, you had to hold your finger on a button. Did not like the colour…

I also have some very definite ideas on how I wanted my CT built.

Now these are some of the reasons I did not purchase one BUT I still say they are a great product and some really great ideas with their annex….definitely have a look at them Rosco. They are built here is Brissy, on the north side.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco532 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Gypsy,,,They are made only a km down the road from where we live.

And yes....Entry into ones 'rear Door' could certainly be a concern if not how one wants it.
From what I can see from the brochure its got 2 clips on the tailgate which folds down exposing the pull out drawers...not to bad....And the bed we are looking at is a Queen size.....I'm wondering if there may have been improvements since you last looked at them.......
There has certainly been an adjustment on the pricing over the last couple of years.

It was the over-all quality that appealed to us....built by a family business now for over 25yrs.

Cheers
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby CampGrrlz » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:06 pm

We visited the factory at Brendale when we were looking for a CT in 2001. They certainly have a good reputation and are practical campers themselves. Plus their mum demonstrated opening and closing the camper using one finger - the magic of gas struts. There's a ton of options; everything is made either in Aus or locally so the quality is there.

There's many good quality campers made in Australia ... the design is the weakness. The design of the bed that is.

Apart from not necessarily the Queen you were expecting, either one has to get out to let the other out or both of you have to scramble to the foot of the bed before you can get out. Then there were the ones expecting oldies like us to scramble up (and down) a step ladder in the night just to get into or out of the bed. For lissom youngsters none of these issues are a problem apparently since almost all the CT makers are still not making island beds. Actually unless there's a pressing reason to have a double, the most comfortable and practical camp beds are singles.

Elaine
Last edited by CampGrrlz on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby Rosco532 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:49 pm

Elaine, you are quite correct about the ladder...but, after having a Cab-Over Motorhome in NZ, we don't expect that to be a problem.
The company are continuously making improvements to their different model....I put a pic up of the bedding layout nowdays

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Titch » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:11 pm

I like that spread out,looks good.
How much are they? (just to know how well off Rosco is lol)
Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco532 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:32 pm

Complete.....$55,000
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:36 pm

Rosco532 wrote:.I'm wondering if there may have been improvements since you last looked at them.......

It was the over-all quality that appealed to us....built by a family business now for over 25yrs.

Cheers

Very likely Rosco which is exactly why I suggested that you look at them. And yes the overall build quality is good, again why I suggested for you to consider one.

I'd definitely have an AS before I'd have a lot of others.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Titch » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:37 pm

Rosco532 wrote:Complete.....$55,000

::() ::() Shall quit my ETU job tomorrow and go to security LOL.
How do folks find the Folding to the rear layout? any problems Guestermating where to reverse up to?
Always wondered.
Titch
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:42 pm

titch wrote:How do folks find the Folding to the rear layout? any problems Guestermating where to reverse up to?
Always wondered.
Titch

Never had an issue with it Titch but then also don't do very many CPs either.

Mine is also very easy to put up...the owner of ModCon had me put up and down just about every CT he had in the showroom, he did so that he could see which gas struts would suit me.

I had a soft floor side fold before and updated to the rear fold for ease of set up etc.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Titch » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:47 pm

Was not thinking caravan parks, many places we free camp are bushed.
Just thinking when reversing into a secluded spot.
Side mirrors let me see what is beside the CT, not behind, IE how much room you need to open up.
Titch
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:56 pm

titch wrote:Just thinking when reversing into a secluded spot.
Side mirrors let me see what is beside the CT, not behind, IE how much room you need to open up.
Titch

Easy as Titch, the floor is 2.3 metres long and I allow at least 3.0 metres so that I can open it out....a tad more makes it very comfortable.

Plus you can see over the top of it when reversing. Believe it is much easier from a visual point of view than reversing a van.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Titch » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:00 pm

gypsylady wrote:
titch wrote:Just thinking when reversing into a secluded spot.
Titch

Easy as Titch, the floor is 2.3 metres long and I allow at least 3.0 metres so that I can open it out....a tad more makes it very comfortable.

[color=#0000FF]Plus you can see over the top of it when reversing. Believe it is much easier from a visual point of view than reversing a van
.[/color]

Of course, simple when its pointed out. Lol

Ok Rosco Carry on nothing to see here, :lol:

Titch
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco532 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:30 pm

Righty Titch....Now, The Kitchen area
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Next

Return to Camper Trailers