Quiet....

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Quiet....

Postby Rosco532 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:59 am

Hi GYPSY...Hope your still waiting....ha
I wanted to ask you if you had seen the couriermail Camping Trailer liftout in yesterdays paper?
And what your thoughts were on the ''Market Direct Campers''......
They are having a huge discout weekend...like....was $10,999 down to $6,499 plus A free kitchen unit throwen in for each sale unit sold this weekend .

Be keen to hear your thoughts

Cheers

Rosco
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Rosco532 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Just scanned this pic direct onto here....hope it comes out ok
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rosco532 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:07 pm

I don't personally know them Rosco and they look a bit 'blingy' and definitely not in the same ball park at AS. They don't appear to have a hard floor version (AS does) and I believe they were also on sale very cheaply at the recent RNA....which shocked me somewhat.

To me they are very much at the bottom end of the market but it also depends on what you want from a CT. I'd be interested to see what they call 'off road'.

Have a copy of it here in front of me, thanks Rosco.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco532 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:22 pm

They have a web-site www. at the bottom of the page.....& yes...they do have a hard floor model.
Because of ''DAM' work.....I couldn't get to the show this year. (or our weekend away this weekend)...Got told I'm doing the evening shifts guarding the ''BIG'' wheel over at South bank...till they get a new guard for there.....
:cheers
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Rosco532 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:35 pm

Next question...while its Quite,,,,I'm having trouble getting hold of the cast-iron kettle I want.

Now, the thought came to me....whats wrong with getting one of the old 'spout' model ''ENAMEL' kettles and spraying it black with VHT paint......atleast they won't go 'rusty' while not being used and it would be lighter to carry around......Any thoughts ??????????????

Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Rosco532 wrote:...Got told I'm doing the evening shifts guarding the ''BIG'' wheel over at South bank...till they get a new guard for there.....

That'll be exciting, I saw it moving when I was on my way to work at 6:30 the other morning....normally still.

I'll wave as I go past in the morning.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:52 pm

Rosco532 wrote:
Now, the thought came to me....whats wrong with getting one of the old 'spout' model ''ENAMEL' kettles and spraying it black with VHT paint......atleast they won't go 'rusty' while not being used and it would be lighter to carry around......Any thoughts ??????????????

Yukky Rosco.....no substitute for the real thing....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:55 pm

Im still here Gypsy.......in between customers..... :***
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:03 pm

Rosco532 wrote:They have a web-site www. at the bottom of the page.....& yes...they do have a hard floor model.

I like the hard floor model for the ease of actual set/pack up....however the soft floor is certainly more forgiving on uneven ground....you can also pack more stuff on the bed under the cover....overall a more flexible unit.

The first time I used my hard floor with a pull out kitchen....the kitchen was chest high….the second time the kitchen was waist high.

Had to make a lot of allowances for the unlevel ground and the hard floor is very susceptible to this.

I would have happily kept my soft floor CT had I been able to pack it up on my own….the canvas was way too heavy and I always had to seek help.

I might also add that the hard floor was very good for travelling especially on an outback trip......but I have also done 3 outback trips with the soft floor....confusing???.....yes.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:04 pm

xmasbaby67 wrote:Im still here Gypsy.......in between customers..... :***

Ha, ha....bugga the customers XB...come and play/chat.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Hahaha Gypsy.....would love to but that won't feed the three ferals at home :*** :*** :***

I bought one of those kettles Rosco and they take forever to heat up and dont like the flames much......only used it a couple of times. We just use a cheapy kettle on the butane stove for hot water.

I would check those trailers and where they are made, I read that some companies are importing the trailers and the welding etc on them is terrible.....also is the canvas aussie made....didn't get to look at the website sorry.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco532 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:37 pm

Thanks XB...A couple of good points to ask about the origin of the trailer / tent.

We went looking for kettles again this a/noon with no joy....But,,,,after talking to the lady from the Army surplus store We may keep waiting for a ''Castiron Kettle.....with....an....Enamel lining''......she said that they are lighter than the straight cast iron with the big plus being that they don't rust inside when not being used.

All sounds good..........Just gotta find one !!!!!!

At the end of the day.....it was excellent out driving on such a beautiful day around Redcliffe / Scarbough Beach........TILL THE BOSS RANG......start work tonite,,,instead of tomorrow nite as the guard for today....yes....had rung in sick..........see u in the morn Gypsy as you cruise by.

OFF 2 WORK :(

Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:45 pm

Rosco532 wrote:..see u in the morn Gypsy as you cruise by.

Look forward to it Rosco....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco532 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:48 am

Second thoughts Gypsy......Its 0145 and 'Pouring' with rain (I now that XB won't believe that..lol).....and,,,not supposed to be much better for the next few days.....Lucky We had our week-end Camping put on hold after-all

Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:01 am

Nah....it'll be nice and clear for voting on Saturday Rosco....the rain will pass.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat