Moving to Newcastle area

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Moving to Newcastle area

Postby ray12 » Mon May 23, 2005 7:55 pm

Hi, we are planning on moving to the Newcastle area next year and will visit during the July holidays to make as many contacts as possible.

We are looking for a recommended camp site close to beach and within reasonable distance, 30-40, mins from town.

Cheers Ray and family.
ray12

Postby KerryandWendy » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:30 pm

Newcastle is a Great Place, I have lived there myself. It has been so long that I suppose things have changed.

I would look up a Local Camping Store/4wd Accessory Shop/Tourist Information Centre in Newcastle itself. Probably Hunter Street.

I can tell you that you can get a great meal at the Wests Leagues Club as I had Christmas Dinner there with my sister a year ago.

The Beaches are Great and a little further south you have all the lakes, good luck, Newcastle is a really Great Place away from the Madding Crowd.
Have tent will Travel
KerryandWendy
Boy Scout

Postby bugsssy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:52 pm

We live in Caves Beach just 35 mins south of Newie on the coast and i can highly recommend the caravan park here in caves.

It's always packed come holiday seasons and they have both powered and unpowered sites. The unpowered sites have great view on the ocean and your only 2 min walk to the beach or if you have a good arm you could throw a rock towards the beach and may even hit the water. There is also a caravan park in Swansea near Lake Macquarie that seem to fill up over the holiday period as well.
Last edited by bugsssy on Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bugsssy
Captain Camping

Postby the4bears » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:42 pm

G'day folks , as already said caves beach,also swansea ,stockton;swansea is by lake macquarie with the ocean not far away.Stockton is right on the ocean;
I wpuld stay at either caves or swansea;unless you want to go into town.

cheers
the4bears
ps I have lived in newcastle 4 40 years any questions please pm me
the4bears
Camping King

Postby Scolers » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:46 pm

Ray,

Are you in the NT? Which Island? Melville? Groote?

I lived there for a few years in the 80's and 90's.

Good luck with the move!

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Return to Camping Tips and Locations