SE Qld camp 1-2-3 October Mt Warning

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

October Camp Get Together

Yes - count me in
42%
No - can't make it
29%
Maybe - a bit far off yet to commit
29%

Total votes : 24

Re: SE Qld camp 1-2-3 October Mt Warning

Postby Rosco532 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:30 pm

P J.....AS Gypsy said Re. Steve.......That was Rosco being a ''Dill''.....lol,,,,but....in saying that....He is most welcome to come along.

Now........An extra person is $8-.....&.....Children under the age of 4 1/2 are free.

Please remember to quote '''Aussie Camp Forum''' weekend when booking.......obviously if campsites with power run out.....1st in 1st served....(we got one but not sure if we need it yet)

ALSO.....Remember....There is no need to pay a deposit when booking as payment can be made on arrival.

The website for phone numbers etc again is...

http://www.mtwarningholidaypark.com/
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:38 pm

Thanks for clarifying Rosco......and more important....thanks for all your assistance and a BIG thank you for negotiating the 'special' deal for solo members.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby stevo. » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:08 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote:I HAVE CLIMBED THE MOUNTAIN 3 TIMES

oooo how long does it take to do that? Is it a marked track? easy / medium / hard ?

gypsylady wrote:I don't recall Stevo ever posting that he was attending

no, i just provide commentary :armsup

and there was buildings and pools in the photos! ::()

Is there going to be a fire? :cheers
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Kbel » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the invitation, and I'll let you all know within a couple of days hopefully. (Just have to see if I can get the days off, especially since I'm going to another camp at the beginning of November :lol: )

Will book if I can and let you know on this thread.

Of course I am expecting to get laughed at if I arrive as I unpack my enormous tarp, heater, dvd player and tubs of crafting stuff... 8)

If there is anyone else going to take their kids I'll bring mine (12 & 14), otherwise I'll use it as an excuse to come away witout them.

Kirri
If a man speaks in the middle of the forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
Kbel
Camping King

Postby Rosco532 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:37 pm

gypsylady wrote:Is there going to be a fire?

Steve,,,I did mention to the guy that a number of us would enjoy being able to use our outside cooking gear.....there will be an area we can cook.....SO...YEP...We will also need ''FIRE'....to make em go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:41 pm

Kbel wrote:
If there is anyone else going to take their kids I'll bring mine (12 & 14), otherwise I'll use it as an excuse to come away witout them.

Kirri

Hi Kirri

No kids (only the canine variety) going at this point in time but hopefully a few more members will respsond to my emails/PMs and there may end up being some going.

Great to have you on board and hope you can make it.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby sienna » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:12 am

Hi All,
Sorry to have been a bit absent lately. I have been quite ill and find reading and driving difficult.
That aside, I am starting to feel better now.

So I am dead set keen to come. My only concern is that I will be 17wks pregnant (hence the being sick :( but really happy that I am preg :armsup ) and will prob need some help with setup/pack up. I would also be bringing my 4yo who loves to camp and might need some help watching him.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:38 am

sienna wrote:Hi All,

I am dead set keen to come. My only concern is that I will be 17wks pregnant will prob need some help with setup/pack up. I would also be bringing my 4yo who loves to camp and might need some help watching him.

That's great sienna

CONGRATULATIONS on the news of the new baby and sorry to hear you been feeling unwell. Looks like you are on top of it now though....

I am positive Rosco will help you....being the token male at this point. Not sure how he is going to handle all these women....ha, ha. Mind you the gals will get in and help too...even if only to show Rosco up....LOL

Just ring the campground and speak with Graham to book in....don't forget to mention you are part of the AUSSIE CAMP FORUM.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:47 am

Great news Sienna!!! ::) Rosco will get you all set up while Gypsy & PJ make c.o.c.k.t.a.i.l.s. for everyone to sip while they watch Rosco in action!!! :lol:

Rosco - make sure you post some pics of all your new outdoor cooking stuff in action!!!!! Will you have the new kettle by then????

Have fun everyone, all this talk of camping is making me very impatient to head out again......not long now.....5 weeks tomorrow!! :cheers

Rosco & Stevo together will be an unbeatable team.......goodluck with them Gypsy ;)
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby stevo. » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:53 am

xmasbaby67 wrote:Rosco & Stevo together will be an unbeatable team.......goodluck with them Gypsy ;)

hey, stop spreading rumours that i'm going :***

I'm just here to help, not to actually do anything!

The whole "no fire" thing, and surrounded by caravans, cabins and pools kind of puts me off. I'd need a patch a dirt that i could roll in or something and it looks like there's all nice lawns.
stevo.

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:55 am

Sorry Stevo (Nigel) just couldn't help myself :--?
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:09 pm

Thanks, everyone.
I'll give the cp a ring and book a site. I am itching to get out as I have been stuck at home for the past few weeks but I am on the mend so that's good.
I normally put up a big tarp to cover my ct but will just go with the ct and annexe this time. That will save heaps of time and effort and the weather at that time of year should be fine.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby stevo. » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:12 pm

xmasbaby, You'll scare people off if they think i'm going :cheers

Good luck with all the crazy women Rosco, some of that security guard training might come in usefull after they've had a few drinks
stevo.

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:16 pm

No take your tarp Sienna.......Rosco is the Tarp expert he will do it for you.....

Stevo.....na I won't scare them all away I think they have all worked you out already!!! :--?

GIRL POWER!!!!! :*** :*** :*** :*** :*** :***
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:35 pm

All my stuff is in the ct so the tarp will be there. I'm happy to put it up but it seems to take forever to put it away so I thought that in the interest of saving time when packing up I wouldn't bother, given my circumstances. But if people are volunteering to do it for me, who am I to say no?!

I just rang the cp and Graham is not in the office til Fri but the lovely lady took my details and added me to the collection of those who have already booked. So I am in but will have final details confirmed for me on Fri. Yay!
Now I just have to mark it on my calendar and start the count down!

Don't worry Rosco, you won't be the only male there. My 4yo son is coming! He is a seasoned camper, too.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

PreviousNext

Return to Groups & Activities