WYANGALA DAM NSW

Re: WYANGALA DAM NSW

Postby Argle » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:35 pm

Thats a puddle compared to what I remember it used to be :( Hope the area gets some decent rain for a change, I remember Burrendong Dam went from about 5% to 100% in one winter after the floods at Bathurst so its a matter of time until the rain gets into the right spot in the catchment.
Argle
Captain Camping

Postby Redback » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:28 pm

scottyboy wrote:He had trouble reversing his trailer - that doesn't make him a "Tool". Personally, I would have given him a hand. I don't get that attitude of laughing and embarrassing people who are having trouble . Anyway rant over... carry on.

xmasbaby67 wrote:OMG what a tool :--? even I can back the boat in within a couple of minutes & I'm a GIRL!!!!!!! :*** ::)

All his mates were there laughing and giving him heaps as well, so fair game I say, if you going to tow a trailer you should learn to reverse it.

Cruel I know, but bloody funny too :mrgreen:

My 2 cents
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:24 pm

Just updating some posts for info....

We are heading out to the Dam on Sun to put the boat in for the first time in nearly 12mths.

We had big rains(nowhere near big enough tho) here a couple of weeks ago and the dam has gone from 4.5% to 8% so every man & his dog will be out there this weekend. We will get some pics to update this thread.

Not sure how long we will be able to visit Wyangala Dam though as State Water are going to close the road on top of the wall at the end of this year which cuts the village of Wyangala off and entry into the main park off also and they are still trying to get an alternative route finalised one being Mount McDonald Rd upgrade which will take the locals an extra 40mins for the kids on the other side of the river to get to the local school as they will have to go around as the wall will be closed. Ridiculous. Locals across several Shires are kicking up a huge stink as they want a bridge across the Lachlan built to make the trip shorter and safer as the other way is too dangerous for school buses to take even when it is upgraded. It will be a big blow to the State Park also if they close the wall as I wouldn't like to tow a ski boat with big inboard on that road!!!!! Still in negotiations with State Water over their decsion. Govt departments are full of idiots in city offices!!!! :$
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:06 pm

Took a drive out to the dam on Sunday(only 40mins from home) to see it at the highest level it has been for many years......21% and still rising ::) To see how low it was have a look back in this post to 2009 and compare......the dam holds an amazing amount of water when full. Yay it's raining here today again.....keep it coming so we can waterski & fish & camp all summer!!!!

When the dam is full all the trees below would be underwater......what a beautiful site THAT would be

The State park is nice and green with heaps of roos lying around everywhere in the camping ground. The amenities block has been closed for ages while it was getting a revamp & it's now open and looking all sparkling new. Will be a great place this summer if the water keeps flowing in...

Sorry some of the photos are a bit blurry but they were taken from a moving vehicle!!!! :lol:

UPDATE: State water has just put the OK through to build a bridge over the Lachlan by 2012 when they close the dam wall to traffic forever!!! Great win for the village and surrounding areas and tourists alike!!!! ::)
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:10 pm

The little white building in the last photo is the ski club headquarters.....it has even got a verandah on the front for the water view........ so that shows you just how far down the water level is????? ::()
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Titch » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:22 pm

Same thing is happening at Eildon down her.
Saw it on the news a few nights ago,cant find a link tho.
Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:29 pm

That's great Titch!!! Wyangala had got down to 4% and it was getting a bit scary there for a while.....tho we are not out of the woods yet but the stupid govt has started to release some it already for the irrigators downstream?????
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby stevo. » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:11 pm

excellent pics, interesting stuff.

just in the wrong section

:cheers
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Dodgy_Dave » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:41 pm

That's awesome.

I have photo's here of when it was full but my scanner doesn't seem to work. :(

You can see the dam wall in the background with my brother and I getting towed behind the boat on a boogy board. The photo's were taken when I was about 12 years old. I also have a photo where we use to have our picnics between to very large trees.

I'm looking forward to heading back there now, thanks for the update. :D
Dodgy_Dave
Camping Veteran

Previous

Return to NSW