New Couple from WA

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

New Couple from WA

Postby BigCat » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:59 pm

Hi all, have just joined this forum and looking forward to picking up heaps of tips. My wife and are are preparing for the big trip around Aus. We have a 4wd ute and will be towing a 1976 pop top van and will be leaving our clocks behind. Hope to leave around Easter with no time frame and will have sold the house and quit the jobs, the kids have all grown up and now it is our turn. :+ Want to concentrate on bush camping as this has been the most fun in the past and use a caravan park when really needed. Will be doing the trip in a clockwise direction, so heading north first. ::)
BigCat

Re: New Couple from WA

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:04 pm

WELCOME Bigcat and would love to hear of all your plans for the big trip. Living the dream....lucky you.

Lots of great general camping type info here, lots of pics too.....have a look about and you'll find lots of interesting chat.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Titch » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:23 pm

Welcome from me as well.sounds a great plan you have.
enjoy it.
Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Lin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi BigCat. Welcome. I'm very jealous!
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Rosco532 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:55 pm

Welcome aboard BIGCAT.....After doing W.A. for 5 yrs, I can assure you theres heaps to see & do.....You will be in the middle of the 'GOLDEN OLDIES / GREY NOMADS'' rush......so be prepared....even foods dam expensive up that way and fresh food can be hard to get at times,,,,So,,,,go prepared.(I'd have every nook & crannie loaded with tinned food if you can)(if you can...ho ho)........oh,,,and take some sort of water purifier....some place have stink water.....even the plastic jug with a filter is better than nothing.
If you see a good spot you want to stay at....TAKE IT....as it probably won't be there when you come back......heaps of the ''MADS''....will only travel a few km's some days....start early and get off early so you have somewhere to sleep....especially if its by water (can get hu...mungas mozzies & flying dingaling.......(they gave us kiwis a freight...a coackroach that can fly...lol)
ALL IN ALL.....You have the right idea,,,,what watch....what time.....enjoy
And theres quite abit of work available if you want to subsadise (sp) your trip

p.s...I was back in perth a few weeks bac never been so cold for years...''0'' in the mornings.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:33 pm

:hello: Welcome to the forum Bigcat!!!!

WOW sounds like a great trip.....look forward to hearing and seeing all about it.

We loooove pics and reports here so please post lots & often...... :cheers
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Introductions: