Hervey Bay

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Re: Hervey Bay

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Did you see any whales Breidi????
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby dicko77 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:34 pm

No didnt get to see any but have been see heap out where i go fishing off nth straddie
dicko77
Camping Veteran

Postby Breidi Mac » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:43 am

Sorry guys, been offline for a bit, did my download limit.

Saw heaps of whales, they came right up to the boat and put on a good show for us. They are real attention seekers. One whale came so close i could have reached out and touched her. we were told when they come up close to wave as they can see you, so we did and they would roll on their side and wave back at us with their fin, incredible. We saw a few different pods along the way and the marine biologist educated us all about them. Hubby, myself and the 3 girls did a half day cruise which cost $360 roughly. It was worth every cent. You see them on tv but it is nothing like seeing them up close, beautiful animals.

Here are some pics, i took a video too, i will try to upload it tonight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Breidi Mac
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:05 pm

Had to resize your pic Breidi....it was way too large and not forum friendly. It's a good idea to resize all your pics before uploading them to the forum.....makes for easier viewing too.

BTW....GREAT pic....I really want to see the whales too. Which whale watching cruise did you do??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Previous

Return to Camping Tips and Locations