camping trailer

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

camping trailer

Postby RYAINS » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:44 am

can anyone please point me in the right direction to buying a camp trailer somewhere in NSW sydney and surrounding suburbs in the $1000 - $8000 price range please. :grin:

thanks
Can't wait for next summer!.... or a camp trailer :-)
RYAINS
Camping Veteran

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:58 pm

http://www.mrswagman.com.au/camper-trai ... tion.shtml

Haven't had any personal dealings with them but I have heard lots of good things about their Swags and Trailers. EDIT: Woops, just found their pricing page :shock:

There's also a mob In/near Riverstone, about 10 mins before windosor, In sydney street I think. If you go down windsor Rd they have a sign somwhere near the Pool n Spa place. Next time i'm around there i'll try and take more notice :lol:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby RYAINS » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:08 pm

thanks ozy.
RYAINS
Camping Veteran

Postby Scolers » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:24 pm

Try the Trading Post too Ryains ... there can be some good deals found there from ppl who bought one and no longer needed for whatever reason. Try and have a look at all types on the market before you buy ... I didn't and as a result I could have had more features placed on the trailer (I had it specifically built).

Good luck!

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby bugsssy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:45 pm

try http://www.fivestarcampers.com.au

they are up here in caves Beach and Belmont but sell new and preloved campers

some on there site atm within your budget
bugsssy
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:03 pm

You might ike to heck eBay out too if you haven't already .. you can add to these CT's easily and wont cost you the prive of a new one.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/oztrekcampers

Good luck!

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby RYAINS » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:45 pm

thanks heaps all for your help.... is a soft floor better or a hard floor? i think the hard floor is better and easier to erect in less time....?
RYAINS
Camping Veteran

Postby bugsssy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:57 pm

i wouldnt know about the soft or hard floors but i do know that five star campers have a heap of camper trailers on show at there belmont store. They look great all set up so you walk in and take a look. They pack them up each day and they seem to all be pretty simple to use. Its well worth the hour and a half bit drive up from Sydney to look at them i reckon!!! Just to see them all set up and to walk through and havea talk to them....

We will be investingin on one day but for the moment we will live in taj mahal :booty
bugsssy
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:52 pm

RYAINS wrote:thanks heaps all for your help.... is a soft floor better or a hard floor? i think the hard floor is better and easier to erect in less time....?

A hard floor trailer is generally a lot more expensive than a soft floor ... having said that I'm sure you'll find some 'cheaper' hard floor CT's.

I have no floor becuase I jsut don't like them BUT I put one of the caravan awning floors down. It's cheaper and any liquid spilt just soaks through. But that's my preference.

I honestly think the best way for you is to hire a coupe of different CT's to work it out for yourself.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby RYAINS » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:09 pm

i actually looked at a hard floor camp trailer today (second hand) and it seems to me that they just pop up so much easier, but i've not yet seen a soft floor camp trailer set up, so i'm not sure..... the hard floor one i saw today is basically just a one man operation to set up, and it took less than 10 minutes.... :+
RYAINS
Camping Veteran

Postby Scolers » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:09 pm

Does it come with an annexe? And how much does it weigh?

They would be the two questions I would ask because:

1. You will always want to add on an annexe at some stage and

2. They are the heavier CT's so as long as you have a 6 cylinder plus you should be ok.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby RYAINS » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:45 am

Cheers scol,

I’m getting more and more familiar with the day by day, I’m actually now leaning towards a soft floor model now coz I reckon there's more inside space to house the kids.
RYAINS
Camping Veteran

Postby Scolers » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:35 pm

RYAINS wrote:Cheers scol,

I’m getting more and more familiar with the day by day, I’m actually now leaning towards a soft floor model now coz I reckon there's more inside space to house the kids.

You hit it one! And with a soft floor you can just keep adding annexes so long as you have the $$$. Our camper has two bedrooms, a store room, and a communal area that can comfortabley sit 6 ppl while someone else is cooking.

The only draw back with annexes is the amount of time it takes to set up. But even the little lot we have only takes approx. one hour.

Good luck!

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Cruzin » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:52 am

Hey RYAINS

You may wish to surf through the various links on this site

http://www.campertrailers.org/

and also the groups forum in Yahoo Groups

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/campertrailers/

There is a huge amount of info that will help you decide.
Also help hints, tips, on anything that makes camping easier, fun and memorable.

Regards Shane T
Shane - KZN185; PolyAir Bags; Uniden UH050XR 5xWatt UHF; 65ltr Evacool & a DIY CT under construction
eBay Username Cruzin4WD
Cruzin
Camping Veteran

Postby RYAINS » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:33 am

i'll check them out...thanks.
RYAINS
Camping Veteran

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat