Site update & bugs

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Site update & bugs

Postby Titch » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:36 pm

That's me blocking you out, I have Stevo Power!
Wonder if he is sober? :shock:
Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:38 pm

Titch wrote: Stevo Power!
Wonder if he is sober? :shock:
Titch

Well....he is not here...so you just never know.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby CampGrrlz » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:44 am

Right ... still some bugs. Getting over the vast difference in appearance, if it works very similarly to the previous forum I can live with it. Now to the bugs:

• My Keychain does not retain my password. There must be some code stopping it from picking up the password. Would be very pleased to have that rectified. With every other login except for PayPal, Keychain picks up the password.

• I have a bookmark made when I logged in. While the login (apart from the password) is direct enough I still have to hit the 'Forum' button regardless that 'forum' and 'phpbb' is part of the address. Means I have to download all those camping ads, none of which I have any interest in and it all adds to the download total at the end of the month. I would prefer to access the Forum directly if possible.

• Finally arriving at the Forum, there are no choices available on what to see. Either I need to hit 'mark all Forums as read' or 'Index' to get those choices to show up. I'm referring to 'new posts' etc. That is the one I choose - new posts - but it requires yet another step just to be able to make that choice.

Apart from these few grouches, so far the Forum seems to work fairly well. Not that I have any use for extra features, the green is nice but from where I sit, there was no need to change anything since it all worked quite well.

Elaine
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby Activity_Dept » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Hello CampGrrlz,

Thank you for your feedback. Yes these issues are being addressed a few of them will be resolved over the next week or so the password one may take a while longer as we just need to see how this affects say someone logging in via an internet cafe or friends PC this type of thing. But rest assured we are working to raise the standard and address any new issues.

:grin:
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby CampGrrlz » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:51 pm

Thank you for your response, Admin Guy.

The filling in of the password only works per browser - even on the same machine, if you use a different browser you get asked about the password (or it works that way with Keychain, anyway.) Assuming it's similar with the other operating systems, using one in a public space would mean the user would choose to not save their password since it's saved on that machine not on the Camping site.

Cheers

Elaine
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby Titch » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:28 am

Do we have a birthday prompt here any more?I cannot find it.
Thanks
Titch
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:38 am

Titch wrote:Do we have a birthday prompt here any more?I cannot find it.
Thanks
Titch

Yes Titch...it is on the Board Index page.....but only when there is a birthday.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Titch » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:31 pm

Thank You.
Titch
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Cilla » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:59 am

I seem to keep getting logged out, then whilst I'm reading through a thread that has pics it'll say I don't have permission to view this attatchment, so I then need to login again.

When I go to the login box it won't accept my username & password at all. It will only accept my email address & password.

Apart from those couple of little hiccups, I wanted to say that I love the new site and look forward to lots more reading.
Cilla
Boy Scout

Postby stevo. » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:06 am

ay Cilla, i'm not sure about your logging out issue, but when you log in you only to put your email and password in, just leave the username box blank.
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:53 am

Cilla....email Andrew - Activity Dept with your problems and he should sort them out for you.

It is a painful exercise, I agree. In fact the last few weeks have been painfull waiting for the bugs to be sorted.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Cilla » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:15 pm

Hi Stevo,
Yep I was trying to put just my username and password but it wouldn't accept it at all, so putting my email address and password is the way I have to go, it's just a bit of a pain when you happen to have a long email address and it keeps logging me out :) .. but it's all good, I'll email Andrew and let him know.

Thanks GL :)
Cilla
Boy Scout

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat