What do you eat when camping?

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Postby Komodo » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:15 am

What could that underlying theme be :lol:

We tend to eat better when camping as we both love food but we both work long hours. I work about 65 hours a week plus and hour each way travel and then Kel (my girlfriend) lives about an hour and a quater drive from my place so day to day we dont quite eat royalty like we do when we are away camping.

Then on the weekends when we arent away camping we are usually very involved in Car Audio Australia events as I'm the Victorian state rep so I do a lot of organising and Kel is very involved in the club also (shes been involved in the club and oragnising for it long before I meet her) so weekends usually dont involve great eatting - its usually grab what you can on the run.

Plus with camping we dont have a great deal to do during the day so it gives us something to de preparing stuff to eat - we Kel does most of that whilst i play around with everything (hey I'm a guy in his early 20's, im easily amused) and dream about where we will go next trip and one day owning a camper trailer hehehe. Though at the moment all i keep thinking about is solar power and hot water...
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby mummeee74 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:42 pm

That's a lot of daily travelling - you need to go camping more :lol:

Oh wow I forget what life was like before kids, wished we had of camped actually BEFORE kids came along, sounds so laid back and relaxing!! I guess we just have to learn how to make it relaxing with the kids ::()
mummeee74
Post Machine!

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:47 pm

mummeee74 wrote: I guess we just have to learn how to make it relaxing with the kids ::()

:lol:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby mummeee74 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:00 pm

Think we might need a bigger can tho' Ozzy!! :lol:
mummeee74
Post Machine!

Postby CCC » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:41 pm

:+ excellent post ..... got heaps of ideas.

I like whipping out the french toast on the hotplate (but instead of bread slices I use thick roll slices) .... anytime ... breakfast, lunch or tea :armsup
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Previous

Return to Camping Tips and Locations