Nambucca Heads/Port Macquarie

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Nambucca Heads/Port Macquarie

Postby amanda » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:46 am

We're planning a week's camping trip in mid March to either Nambucca or Port Macquarie. We just want a relaxed week near water, maybe a pub close by, and perhaps a golf course. There are a few caravan/camping parks in each , if anyone has stayed in any could you please give me a run down on whcih is best, thanks.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby bugsssy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:48 pm

We joined the big4 tourist park mob and if you become a member you get a discount of up to $30 per stay at any of there parks. We have found them to be clean and tidy parks that are well maintained. I have stayed in them from QLD to VIC and you just go to there website http://www.big4.com.au and can look at where they are.

If you camp or go away using cabins regularly through the year then its worth your while becoming a member cause after the second stay at a park your membership is paid for. Your membership last for 2 years so you can save a heap of money in that time and i highly recommend them as a tourist park. They have two parks in the areas your talking of i say give them a call and see what you think.

Enjoy your holiday.

Cas
Last edited by bugsssy on Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
bugsssy
Captain Camping

Postby Jok » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:32 pm

I checked out a couple in Port a week or two ago, the Big 4-far too
pricey and busy(unpowered site, 2 adults and two kids-$72 a night!!)
Flynns beach,$35- looked nice but no vacancies for dates wanted, and Blackmans Point-$30. The mate and his family stayed here, loved it.
Jok
Jok
Camping King

Postby bugsssy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:34 am

Jok not sure which one you looked at but i just looked at the one at nambucca heads and the powered site is $34 plus $6 per child per night so if you had two adults anad two kids per night that would be $46 a night. And has in the current high season. So if your going in March its low season so it will be only $23 per night plus children so rather cheap if you ask me!!

If you have the membership as well you get 10% off or up to $30 off each stay at any big 4 park.

the above price was at http://www.nambuccabeach.com.au/rates.asp

not saying your not right JOK but when you said that price i was shocked cause i have never ever paid that much at a big4 park. Yes they may be busy parks but at the same time they are maintained to a high standard and as a member if you rock up and check in and arent at all happy they will fully refund you your money and you can find somewhere else to stay if you wanted too. They are also very feriendly family parks which is why we use them as we take our four kids away with us and always find lots of other familys in the parks. I would rather have my kids stay at a park where there are lots of other kids then say a park that would have perm residents or lots of older visitors.

Anyway id love to know what park it was that you called and got that price from cause i will be avoiding them if that is how high there rates are!!!!

Cass
Last edited by bugsssy on Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bugsssy
Captain Camping

Postby amanda » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:00 am

Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated. I did check out a couple of different parks that were also quite expensive, one at Nambucca $52 per night. I'll now look into the ones you've mentioned - thanks!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Jok » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:18 pm

Sorry for any confusion, it was the big 4 at Port Macquarie for $72,
price quoted between boxing and new years. Flynns is in Port as well, near the beach of the same name and Blackman's Point just North of the
river.
Bugsssy, you're right in that most Big 4's are of a high standard, usually
at the higher end of the price range, we found around Oz. The only
one I would bag completely is at Kalgoorlie-most kid unfriendly and
rude manager I have ever met, kept the playground locked,etc.

That was April 2005, may have changed managers by now though!

Found Top Tourist to be very similar in quality and price.
Jok
Jok
Camping King

Postby bugsssy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:07 am

No worries Jok wasnt meaning to be rude about it in any way just never ever came across a big 4 with pricing like that before...... hopefully you can find some nice cheaper parks like the one at nambucca heads or Flynns beach Amanda for March time.

good luck with it all and have a great tiem away.
bugsssy
Captain Camping

Nambucca Heads

Postby DQ » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:25 pm

Hiya,

We just spent 2 weeks at the White Albatross caravan park at Nambucca - our 7th year running. It's a great spot right at the breakwall - lagoon on one side, beach on the other. There's a tavern right at the entrance of the park that often has a band :beer . We always have a great time but it does tend to be pricey in January - shouldn't be too bad in March though especially out of school hols!

Good luck :grin:
Life goes on, long after the thrill of living has gone...
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby amanda » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:07 am

Thanks DQ - with a tavern at the doorstep it sounds like the place for us!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Camping Tips and Locations