SE Qld camp 1-2-3 October Mt Warning

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

October Camp Get Together

Yes - count me in
42%
No - can't make it
29%
Maybe - a bit far off yet to commit
29%

Total votes : 24

Re: SE Qld camp 1-2-3 October Mt Warning

Postby Rosco1 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Hmmmm....Just looking through my old pics...from NZ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Titch » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:10 pm

Is that for when the sheep have a headache? :--?
Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:03 pm

When we are not eating a Lamb roast Titch.....our other favorite is....Sardines on toast .....
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:08 pm

So is everyone packed and ready for this upcoming event??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby sienna » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:12 pm

Hi All,
I just got off the phone with Mt Warning (I was confirming the booking etc) and Graham had down the dates of 2-4 Oct. I always thought it was 1-3 Oct. So can we have so clarification please cos Rosco, you were going to help me set up and if I arrive Frid but you arrive Sat, there is an obvious problem.
Anyway, Graham has put us altogether and from the 1st-4th. He said that if you didn't arrive til Sat, that was no big deal (except to me cos I'm coming fri :) )

GL, Graham has put us on powered sites together (being aware of the fur kids coming). If you want something different eg unpowered, you would be away from us. We won't be offended if that's what you want.
Hope I haven't mucked up anyone's plans.

PJ, did you manage to get time off and your house sorted? Are you coming?
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:09 am

Sorry everyone i`m out on this one. Have my second bout of Bronchitis,plus work only let me know on Monday that i could have it off,so i because they didn`t get back to me i presumed i couldn`t have the time off so didn`t get organised. I will see how i am on Saturday and i`m thinking of driving down Saturday arvo to meet and have dinner with you all,i also have 3 birthday invites this weekend but just birthdays not major events. Was so looking forward to this one.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:20 am

There's always Rosco's blow up couch!. And there'll be room in my ct too if you want to stay. I have a stretcher with a thin matress spare but you may want to byo.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:49 am

:*** :*** Sienna!!!!

Glad to have you back PJ we missed you around here!!!! Hopefully you are feeling better soon!!!!

Enjoy the weekend everyone!!!! :cheers
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:01 pm

Glad to see you back on deck PJ....sorry you are unable to make the weekend camp.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:08 pm

YEP...Pity you can't be com'n down to enjoy all this fresh air PJ........ :beer ...But it would be nice if you came for the trip....

Call me 'paranoid',,,but I've been hearing all these stories about SNAKES down there...I rang Graeme today and asked him about them........It seems there was ''1'' down there about 2 weeks ago (gone now...phew)...and it was only an old carpet snake about the same age as Titch...and about as slow as....
AND...my greatest concern was for Bailie (who has never seen a snake)....He assured me that they have NEVER lost a pet down there to a snake..YAY...THERE ARE NO BROWNS..or red-belly blacks..another Phew....
I feel much better now after talking to him PLUS...all that rain we got missed them (they got about 1mm)

So,,,when I get home from work in the morning...its off we go (going Thursday now)

:cheers :beer :beer :beer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Titch » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:34 pm

P J, hope your well soon,bugger about the weekend. ;) chin up.
Rosco, a snake in OZ is not a problem,if your smart.
I grew up in the scrub, and have had such few confrontations its not funny.
Red belly black is so docile its a disgrace to the snake world,I have stood on the buggers and they are more frightened than me.
Brown snakes different story,only because they keep biting.
Snakes would prefer to bolt rather than confront .
Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:34 am

Thanks for the offer of spare beds,but it`s about staying in the cold night air, don`t want to be up all night barking like a dog.
Yes, biiigggg carpet snakes down there Rosco, I doubt they will be about yet still quite fresh there i would imagine unless they want to sunbake.Not sure about red bellys being docile titch,i seen one out west that moved like lightening towards a 6 week old pup,lucky the shovel got it before it got there.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:13 am

It prob thought that lunch was being served.
I don't like snakes at all so as long as they stay away from me, everything will be all good. When I was teaching out Dalby way, we found a snake living in the toilet cistern (inside) with a live green frog and a partially digested dead one. No idea as to how it got inside the toilet, one can only guess.
So glad I wasn't the one who found it. The housemate did.

Rosco, I'll see you sometime early arvo on Friday. I will be finishing off the final packing of food etc in the morning and then setting off. I'll have to stop along the way cos I get tired driving long distances these days.
Getting excited now.

PJ, I can understand not wanting to be in the cold night air too long with bronchitis. Perhaps dinner as you originally suggested. You're more than welcome.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:10 am

Yes i thought if i drove down about 3.oopm have a couple of drinks than throw a steak on my little gas stove,then drive home about 8 but then i might get there and not want to leave or you and Rosco will get me drunk..lol If you need to stop Sienna come to my place have a cuppa and loo stop before you head off again,I`ll be hanging in the garden.I can pm you my phone and address if you would like to. Awww now i want to go..not too late i can pack in the morning and go minimal..mmmmmm now you have done it..
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:20 am

Poddle Jewel wrote: Awww now i want to go..not too late i can pack in the morning and go minimal..mmmmmm now you have done it..

You GO GIRL...be good for you. You can rug up in the evening.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Groups & Activities