Puzzling Set UP

Forum Rules, post questions, comments or suggestions, about this forum or website.

Puzzling Set UP

Postby Little_ Kopit » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:14 am

Look, I'm Little Kopit on all forums where I participate.

The last name thing puzzled me. I put in my real last name, ASSUMING THAT WOULD BE KEPT PRIVATE. But NO, it was not. So, I sent a question to one whom I thought was one of the powers that be. NO answer since whatever day the new format went public. How come???????

So, now I go to Little_Kopit, but again the stupid stuff says must have last name.

& It doesn't want me to use the email address I use for everything, because it has already been used. Sorry, cannot consider that reasonable. Why does everyone at one computer have to have a different email?????

Why can't I keep myself as a forum person, like all others with 'online names'? What are these bits of confusing jargon supposed to mean? Why the thing about last name??

All the confusion is going to do is make me keep forum me and real life me well apart. & did you, but know, I have very good reasons for doing so.

Can anyone give answers I can understand please.

:)
Little_ Kopit

Re: Puzzling Set UP

Postby Little_ Kopit » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:25 am

How can I get back to being even Little_Kopit?

???????????????????????????????
Little_ Kopit

Postby Activity_Dept » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Look, I'm Little Kopit on all forums where I participate.
The last name thing puzzled me. I put in my real last name, ASSUMING THAT WOULD BE KEPT PRIVATE. But NO, it was not. So, I sent a question to one whom I thought was one of the powers that be. NO answer since whatever day the new format went public. How come???????

This forum requires a first and last name and an email. This is a minimum requirement to use the forum as we have added additional features and we spend numerous hours a day removing SPAM. We believe it is a reasonable step towards validating content and providing better information for all. This is not an anonymous forum. If we are to publish your comments and provide direct access to other users we need to know who you are.

There is a support thread, you can PM me or use the support person in your contacts. I have not received a request from you in any of these channels. If you have a bug or concern please use the thread created for this purpose.

If you upgraded your account then your user name should be retained, if you set-up a new account or there was an issue in upgrade then your username will default to first name and last initial. You can change your username at anytime under settings (top right) obviously if you have set-up a second account there will be a conflict and you will have to advise me of your particular issue.

& It doesn't want me to use the email address I use for everything, because it has already been used. Sorry, cannot consider that reasonable. Why does everyone at one computer have to have a different email????? Why can't I keep myself as a forum person, like all others with 'online names'? What are these bits of confusing jargon supposed to mean? Why the thing about last name??

Every user needs to be unique and needs to be able to be contacted using an email address obviously this means you need a unique email address. If your email address is already being used this means you already have an account and you should simply upgrade as suggested not create a second account. The upgrade is the simplest possible method; all we can do is ask you to follow the instructions, most users found it straight forward, we realise that every user has different needs and wants however we can only offer one method not a different method for each user...

All the confusion is going to do is make me keep forum me and real life me well apart. & did you, but know, I have very good reasons for doing so.

We have asked for an email address and your name if this has caused you confusion that is unfortunate. I can assure you this is no conspiracy however if you and all users want to publish on this forum and communicate with the other users your are required do provide this limited information.

Can anyone give answers I can understand please.

If you have any questions please use the threads or channels provided.
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Little_ Kopit » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:04 am

pm sent.

:)
Little_ Kopit

Return to Forum Rules, Questions & Comments.