Have spent a fair bit of time in the shed this week. Trying to "suss out" the best way to mount jerry can, and gas bottle holders to the front. I have managed to lift the Spare tyre up a few inches, as I felt it was hanging down a bit far underneath. Have rewelded the support for the spare, and made new hold down handle for it.
Then I started on a support for where the battery box will eventually sit in front of the tyre. I have allowed a fairly large piece of checker plate to mount the box, as Im sure something else will get mounted there in the future. I mocked up where I think i will mount the bottles and jerries, although I might swap the bottle and the jerry around to fit better. Tomorrow Ill start on the stone deflector. I have made a few sketches of what I want, so hopefully it will work. And when I was poking around behind the shed this arvo I found some steel I'd forgotten about, so fingers crossed there will be enough there!
Heres some pics! ( I know how you all like them)
The drawbar before I removed the old holders.
Holders removed and "mocking up" the positions.
Figuring out the position of the holders.
Thats it for now!
Cheers Chippy :D