SE Qld camp 1-2-3 October Mt Warning

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

October Camp Get Together

Yes - count me in
42%
No - can't make it
29%
Maybe - a bit far off yet to commit
29%

Total votes : 24

Re: SE Qld camp 1-2-3 October Mt Warning

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:22 pm

IMG_3133.JPG
IMG_3122.JPG
Some pics of this weekend.
IMG_3137.JPG
[attachment=0]IMG_3144.JPG[/attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Poodle Jewel on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:24 pm

Need to look at that again PJ....seems you have attached the same pic 3 times.....let me know if you want some assistance with it.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:34 pm

Got it GL. took more but don`t want to put Siennas little fellow on the internet.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:52 pm

Well...A great weekend for the few of the ''10'' who attended our trip to Mt. Warning...The weather wasn't 101% kind all the time but we still had a good fun w/e....AND ENJOYED GOOD FRIENDS COMPANY.
....And yep,,,I did have a 'Kooka'' take a worm outta my hand.....keeping in mind,,,,,my arm was ...fully stretched,,,lol...

..... :beer
HPIM2249.JPG
HPIM2252.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rosco1 on Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:59 pm

Poddle Jewel wrote:Got it GL. took more but don`t want to put Siennas little fellow on the internet.

Good idea PJ.....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:02 pm

Thanks for the pics Rosco......looks like it was a great weekend. Did the rain hold off for you??

I can't believe you guys were gone for a whole weekend.....It must have just flown by.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:20 pm

YEP....We had many dry patch's....We ?(Avis & I actually decided to go Thurs morn after I finished work...so sorta got 4 days....BUT...what a shame the others never turned up.
I'm hoping Sienna's pics of our very friendly kooka came out,,,was amazing to see the over friendly birdlife in the area.....We also spent a few hours working on the camper.....Avis has changed the way the canvas covers the tailgate etc,,,,and I installed the lights....seemed to get the ''ok'',,,,so must be ok
We sorta talked about ''The NextOne''........
Any ideas ?????????

PLUS...Those statues in the rivers....does anyone know what they mean ????

:cheers
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:51 pm

Rosco1 wrote:....BUT...what a shame the others never turned up.

What others were you expecting Rosco??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Gypsy....If you read the top of every page,,,The records show ''10'' people registered a ''yes,,,count me in''.....

Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:50 am

Rosco1 wrote:Gypsy....If you read the top of every page,,,The records show ''10'' people registered a ''yes,,,count me in''.....

THAT was a LONG time ago Rosco and I believe there are many who are no longer active forum members.

From my personal point of view it was too far out to keep the momentum. The fact that Amanda is no longer here I am sure contributed greatly too.

I went back through the thread and emailed 6 people who had indicated by posting that they were interested in attending....all but one replied saying there was one reason or another that they were now unable to attend.

There have been many attempts at having forum gatherings and they have all fallen over.....at least this one did get up even if it was poorly attended in numbers. Those of you who did attend have most probably formed friendships and may well form the base group for another camp in the future.

One of the issues in the beginning was that a number of people wanted ALL the amenities and this limited the available venues.

From my experience....you set a date (not too far out), pick a venue, advise and invite the members to join you and then run with it. It may suit some and it may not suit any....that is the chance you take.

I personally believe that you guys who went on the weekend are to be congratulated.....you achieved something that has not happened in quite some time. Big round of applause for you all....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby stevo. » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:27 am

Hey that's a fire!!! I didn't think they had fires there, just a "cooking area" ?

Looks ok then.
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby stevo. » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:38 am

Rosco1 wrote:PLUS...Those statues in the rivers....does anyone know what they mean ????

People make piles of stones to mark points on tracks, usually when bushwalking etc, but that just looks like art :cheers
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:55 am

They had several fire pits, to buy wood from them was exspensive (don`t tell Avis how much ) but Rosco went up the road and got a truck load for $20 bucks.It is a good spot and we talked aboutgoing back there again in clear weather,amazing how many people still climbed the mountain in the clouds. Some nice short walks to do as well as the mountain climb and me being a local know of some nice nice drives around the area and home grown vege stalls along the roads and local country pubs.
yes a shame others didn`t come but now Rosco,Avis, Sienna and I know we won`t kill each other we will most likely hook up again. Siennas little fellow is most pleasant too we enjoyed his company.
So here`s to the next camp. :cheers February will be my next big one have two weeks annual leave after all the kids go back to school.,might try Gordon country haven`t done that one.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Hi All,
Had a marvellous weekend away with PJ and Rosco and Avis and the fur kids. Alex had a good time playing with the dogs and helping out round the campsite.
The cafe food was lovely. So fresh. Still have half of my black forest cake to eat yet. Might have to eat it before Alex gets home from preschool.
Would love to go back and explore the area some more. It was so pretty.
The amenties were clean and there was plenty of room where we set up. And yes, I did take my microwave. It's only a little 17L one and fits nicely in the back of my ct kitchen area. And lucky I had the kettle for coffee! I got to try out my new porta loo. It sure came in handy especially during the night. And emptying it was pretty straightforward.

Had a good trip home despite the school holidays ending for qld. Only took me 1 1/2hrs to get home.
Passed PJ as she took her exit off the motorway. Nearly got to honk my horn at her.

Big thanks to you both for helping me set up and pack up. Really appreciate it. And thanks for including Alex as well. Hopefully next time we will get to go fishing. I'm stil waiting for Rosco to catch me a fish for breakfast. PJ, thanks for letting me stop in to you on the way. I definitely needed a quick break. And I'm really glad you came out camping too.

I am now bitten by the camping bug. Only I think I will either bunk in with my mum or go for a cabin. The packing up etc is just too much for me at the moment. But I definitely want to get out again soon. Going to ring my mum to find out when her next days off are and meet her at wivenhoe or somewhere on sunny coast.

So guys, I'll let you know when I'm off again and maybe you can join us.

PS Here are some pictures. The 'Mt Warning 2' Alex took. And the fingers about to be bitten off are Rosco's.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:15 pm

Very glad to hear you enjoyed the weekend camp sienna. Great to hear the porta loo was a success too.

Love the pics of the kookas. The other forum members can see what they missed out on.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Groups & Activities