Wellington Caves Caravan Park

Wellington Caves Caravan Park

Postby mummeee74 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:22 pm

We just spent the weekend at Wellington Caves Caravan Park, a big trip for us on a long weekend, took us 4hrs to get home and about 6hrs to get there!!!! (DD spent 30mins in loo at Bathurst - grrrr). But fortunately we don't mind taking our time LOL and traffic was pretty good.

We weren't sure what to expect but were pleasantly surprised by the size of the camping sites, very generous to say the least and nice and grassy. The facilities were clean, getting a bit old and the shower was bliss, (better than the silly save water shower head we have combined with our low water pressure). There is a new kids playground, which DD & DS approved of, soft fall underneath and a shade sail over top. Lots of room for kids to ride their bikes and play ball sports.

If you like caves, there are 2 x caves and a phosphate mine to explore, not cheap but the tour guides were very good & informative, I think we have seen better cave formations, but it was interesting, with lots of bones & fossils.

There is also a camp kitchen, I sent DH to do the dishes ROFL, and he said it had 2 ovens microwave etc.... oohhhh yeah and a TV which he had to watch for a while, while waiting for his turn at the sink.... sure.

It was pretty busy but really did not seem crowded it is quite spacious. It does have a pool but not sure how many people would actually be able to get a toe in during summer, as it is quite small, but the duckies were enjoying it today. Lots of birds, king parrots, grass parrots etc. The park adjoins a golf course and across the road is a small Japanese garden which is quite nice.

Really quite a nice spot for the family, felt nice and safe for the kids to roam around.

Will have to add pics later, not sure I took many of the park though.

Oooh and you are allowed to have fires, we didn't but quite a few people did have small fires in metal container thingys, maybe next time for us :)
mummeee74
Post Machine!

Re: Wellington Caves Caravan Park

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:53 pm

Sounds like a good weekend mummeee....look forward to the pics when they come.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to NSW