So I need a new camping spot...

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

So I need a new camping spot...

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:33 pm

I think I bragged too much about how good Mungo Brush is, cause this xmas just gone, there were other people there the WHOLE weekend :( . They got annoyed at us making noise late at night too :roll: . Mind you, I dont think any of us stayed up past midnight on account of we were worried about this very problem, yet we still coped a lil bit of flak :? .

Anyhow, i'd rather be at a place where we can just do what we want and not worry aout disturbing neighbours, so i'm on the hunt for a summer camping spot, preferably on or very very close to the beach (less than 500m is good :mrgreen: )thats not crowded, atleast not between the 22-26th december. Deserted is the word I'm looking for 8)

Of course i'd like to keep it as close as possible, but I think it'd be reasonable to travel up to about 500k's for a 5 day break. I heard of Jewel (?) beach south of newcastle, but for the life of me cant find any information about it on the net :?

Any ideas? I'd also accept riverside or lakeside but would much prefer beach :lol:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:38 pm

Sandy Cape ... about 300k's north of Perth ... but that might be a bit too fr for you ... 8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby freerocketman1 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:54 pm

morton island might be good havent camped there yet but have herd its great.might be a little to far as well. 8)
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby garbage » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:16 pm

Hey Ozzycamperboy,

I'm not sure "summer" "beach" and "quiet camping spot" actually go together, but if you do find something within a few hours of Sydney, do let me know!

I'm going to Killalea State Park over Australia Day, so I'll let you know how that goes. It's between Shellharbour and Kiama.

Cheers,

garbage
garbage
Camping Veteran

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:56 pm

Well the way i figure, is everyone wants to camp near a beach in summer, ok, so i have to go somewhere no one wants to go. So i'm looking for a site that is hard to get to (need 4x4, great :armsup ) and has absolutively no facilities. And if this isn't enough i'll even go over the xmas weekend when everyone else is home with their familes :mrgreen: . Just so we can be rowdy :twisted:

So i was hoping with all this, i'd be lucky enough to find a deserted spot :?
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby the4bears » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:44 pm

Well Ozzycamperboy,best of luck trying to find a spot like that!!!!!!!!!
If you do keep it to yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway you mentioned JEWEL south of newcastle.
It is known as BELMONT, or i think it could be called 9 milebeach. It is the strip of beach that runs from blacksmiths break wall up to redhead headland.
Avgerage fishing ,fair amount of traffic on weekends,bikes,quads& 4x4's.
there is a nice lagoon for swimming, I have never camped there but i know a lot of fisho's camp o/night.

I hope this helps,if you need to know more just ask.
the sand is very soft, alot softer than stockton,need to run about 12 to 14 psi in tyres

cheers the4bears
:beer :beer :beer :beer
the4bears
Camping King

Return to Camping Tips and Locations