Camping spot within a few hours from Sydney.

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Camping spot within a few hours from Sydney.

Postby cumminscampers » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:33 pm

Hey everybody. We are resonably new to Sydney & looking for a camping spot by a river or lake.We have look around the Lithgow, Mudgee area but all the rivers are dry due to the drought. We have a camper & we will take it anywhere a two wheel drive car will go.
cummins campers
cumminscampers
Camping King

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:52 pm

Mungo, about 3hrs
viewtopic.php?t=335

and this one's nice but might be a bit far for what you want. Very nice though 8)

viewtopic.php?t=586
EDIT: There's also the Colo river, less than 1 1/2 from Sydney. There's a few campsites scattered along it up the Putty Rd. Thats always got water in it and its good for swimming. Not sure if there's many fish though.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby cumminscampers » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:23 pm

Thanks Oxxycamperboy. We lived up Mungo way & have camped there before & around barrington Tops area, very nice place. We went for drive to upper colo & found very little water in the river (ankle deep) lower Colo has heaps of water but unable to find camping spot.
Thanks again
cumminscampers
cumminscampers
Camping King

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:35 pm

cumminscampers wrote:Thanks Oxxycamperboy. We lived up Mungo way & have camped there before & around barrington Tops area, very nice place. We went for drive to upper colo & found very little water in the river (ankle deep) lower Colo has heaps of water but unable to find camping spot.
Thanks again
cumminscampers

I'll talk to my mates, they live on a Mill up Putty Rd and go swimmin in the colo all the time. I'll bet they know a good spot, watch this space :mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Return to Camping Tips and Locations