Daylight savings

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Daylight savings

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:24 pm

Wish We , up here in Qld had daylight savings like you other states....I'll never work out why the old foggies won't change.....After you have lived in a state / country that does observe it...you would only be wanting to extend it...not get rid of it.....especially here where we don't even have a dusk....just sunlight....then dark :( :( :(
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: Daylight savings

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:23 pm

I am with you Rosco....DS gets my vote everytime....DS means more camping...yippeeeee
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:00 pm

Not forgetting......More
Time for family time....+ BBQ's etc
Gardening
Sport......i.e even get in 9 holes + a visit to the 19th...lol...or go Fishing after work
Tea at the beach...Rivers as a family
And of coarse........CAMPING .....Yay

(Wonder if our Tents will fade faster.....Hmmm...Thats a worry :lol: )

I'm sure we could all add to the list.
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Lin » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:41 pm

Yep, it is good. Especially when the weather starts warming up at the same time. (Though it's raining here now too) We adjusted to it very well this year too. Other years it has been a struggle to get to work on time those first weeks. It's actully not all that much fun with a baby/toddler, I remember as it's harder for them to adjust their body clock. And mine was never a very early riser.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Titch » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:44 pm

I hate it,Stuffing around with the Natural.
Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:48 pm

Go & have a 'SPA'' Grumps.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Lin » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:16 pm

I don't agree, Titch. Waking up at dawn is natural. So it's more natural to start the day earlier when the spring equinox approaces. For those who work 9-5 type days anyway. Or with kids at school...
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:19 pm

That another excellant point Lin.......get home an hour earlier out of the heat........
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Lin » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:49 pm

get home an hour earlier out of the heat

Well... that can actually be a disadvantage if you work in a cold air-conditioned office and your air-condition-less house starts warming up in earnest in the afternoon! When it gets hot here in summer, I come home only to pack a picnic and then we go to the lake or river until sunset anyway.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Tahlee R » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:17 am

I guess I'm another" Grump"...I hate DS.
Tahlee R
Captain Camping

Postby Rosco1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:07 am

Just think how many ''old'' foggies claim that 1st thing in the morning is the best time of the day....

Well...Hullo.......Why would they want to ''sleep'' through it ???????...atleast if they had d/l savings.....they would be awake to enjoy it........ :beer :beer :beer
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:24 am

I don't want daylight saving either.
We have enough sunlight here without it. The sun is up at 4.30am and sets at 7pm. That's more than enough time to get out and enjoy. I've been in countries were the sun sets at 9-9.30pm and it really is not a comfortable feeling to be walking around at that time of night with the sun still shining in some weird twilight.

Not to mention getting the kids to bed at a reasonable hour. I've never met a child who wants to go to bed at night time when the sun is still up. They want to be outside still playing which means a later bed time and they still have to get up early in the morning for school etc.

I'd rather have daylight saving in winter so that people can get home during the daylight and still go for a walk after work in the light, not the dark.

Just my 2c worth.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:48 am

When i lived in NSW i loved daylight savings but my single life is easy and i can do as i please. DL in winter is a good idea Sienna not that it would make any difference to me because i work afternoons.So many people continue to say it`s really only such and such a time,i used to change the clock and not think another thing about it.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:05 am

Sienna,,,When we were kids we learned dam fast to do as we were told....New age parenting has changed all that.......When Mum said...off to bed at 7....thats what she meant.....as we got older that increased to 7-30 & so on.....They soon get in the habit of going at 7. (Mums old saying used to be....''What part of ''NO'' Don't you understand''...lol)

:cheers
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:42 am

I am loving DS here!!!!! :armsup

Hubby is now cooking tea on the BBQ and I just have to make a couple of salads and then it's out to the BBQ to enjoy a few coldies with hubby while he cooks our dinner!!!! :beer :beer :beer

It means more time together as a family for us after work which is great and also when we go camping we can go Friday arvo and not have to set up in the dark and get there one day earlier!!!! :?#
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat