Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Postby karen P » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:11 pm

Hi,

I am Karen, my partner and I are currently travelling SEA and are starting to get excited about hitting Oz mid November.

We are hoping to buy cheap n cheerful camper to tour the east coast!

Can't wait!!!!

Any tips on cheap or better still free camp sites would be great.

Advice on buying a camper too!!

Any advice would be great

Cheers

Kaz
:grin:
karen P

Re: Newbie

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi Kaz.....WELCOME to the forum...

Best advice is to purchase the Camps Australia Wide publication which gives many free and low cost campsites Australia wide.....You can buy it online http://www.campsaustraliawide.com/ This is considered the Travelers bible.

I also suggest that you spend some time having a look around this forum as the question you have asked has been asked before.....so lots of great info is available here for anyone prepared to do the research.

Can't advise you on what to purchase camper wise but suggest you check out the possibility Hiring one rather than buying. Reason being that you will be covered by insurance, breakdown assistance, registration etc.

You also do not indicate how long you intend on traveling in Oz....what time of year you intend to visit etc as this might make quite a difference to any advice you are given.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:28 am

Howdy Kaz.....and where you are flying into......Vehicles in this country alter by the mile depending what state you buy in.......
:cheers
Rosco
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi and welcome.
My mum met some canadians who came over to work for a year or so and they loved to camp. They bought a cheap wagon and tent to travel round with. You may find this a cheaper alternative than a camper and probably easier to find. As Gypsylady suggested, hiring might also be an alternative.

Good luck with your research.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Introductions: