Sundown National Park Trip, 2nd to 5th December.

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Sundown National Park Trip, 2nd to 5th December.

Postby Ingenious » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:54 pm

We have a camping & 4x4 trip out to Sundown National Park leaving very early Friday morning the 2nd of December from Brisbane Southside. We will be returning to Brisbane on Monday the 5th of December.
If you would like to join us or have any Questions then just leave a message so we know how many are going etc.

Please Note: For those that would like to go, you will need to take everything in & out of the national park that you require for your stay, as there is only toilets provided. The 4x4 track into the camping area requires LOW range 4x4, it is only 7 or 9 km's from memory but it takes anywhere from 2 to 4 hours to travel depending on track condition & it is not recomended for trailers or soft roaders.

Cheers Terry.
Ingenious
Camping King

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:50 pm

Woooohoooo, a campsite that you NEED low range to get too, wish i was in brissy, i'd havta join you. So i'm guessing there some pretty decent sized rocks and a decent slope on this track?? averaging 4ks an hour it would have to invlovle rock packing? or winching? or both :twisted: at anyrate i wish i could go :mrgreen:, sounds like fun.

In sydney, most of the campsites are accessible by 2wd, but there's 'alternate' routes for 4x4's that are, a bit more 'fun' :mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Ingenious » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:41 pm

Hi ozzycamperboy,
No winching is normally required, but it is steep in places with the full width of the track covered with a VERY LOOSE surface coating made up of sharp rocks varying from tennis balls through to football size, so traction is limited in these areas which is the main reason trailers are not advised. The rest of the track is just rough, washed out & narrow, so unless you have coils or air suspension all round you have to go very slow so your kidneys don't give out on ya! But track conditions change all the time so it could be better or worse than the last time I was out there. So take a couple of weeks off work & come up, as Sydney is just down the road from it!!!! So ya com'n or wot?
Cheers Terry. :wink:
Ingenious
Camping King

Postby Derek Bullock » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:09 pm

Hi Terry

Would join you but now living in southern New South Wales.

Took my pajero in there once. Thats a heck of a neat track. Good one for those who are not used to rough driving.

Cheers and enjoy your stay.

Derek

Here is a photo at the entrance gate

Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Ingenious » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:40 pm

Thanks Derek,
It is one of the wildest & remote places so close to Brizzy, yet so few seem to know about it, & I can't wait to get out there again as it's been a few years since I was out there last :lol:
Derek do you do many trips up to northen or central NSW??? as we could get a possie together from Brizzy & you get the Sydney group together & meet up in a National park for a big get together of camping, 4x4ing, sightseeing & camp ovens of course, would make a good week or two trip out of it I'm sure!!! :wink:
Cheers Terry.
Ingenious
Camping King

Return to Groups & Activities