Not good camping weather

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Not good camping weather

Postby Lin » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:15 pm

We were finally going to go camping this weekend, for the first time this season. But had to cancel because of the weather. Rain, rain, rain...

I can cope with camping in the rain if a) it rains during the day and b) it is fairly warm. What I cannot cope with at all is rain at night when it's only 7 degrees. No fire and too cold without it.

Bummer...
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: Not good camping weather

Postby hoadie72 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:36 pm

That's a real bugger. The rain doesn't really bother me so long as I can stay dry, or get dry, and as long it's not going to rain every. single. day.

I'd imagine with a little one it would make it quite a challenge.

Where were you planning on going?
Ben
hoadie72
Captain Camping

Postby Lin » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:07 am

We were planning to go to Badja Reserve on the Numeralla river near Cooma, NSW.

And we were going with a little group including 3 kids under 6. It's not the kids I'd worry about though. They're happy to play in the tent and they don't seem to feel the cold. It's that I'd feel pretty robbed if I'd have to get into my sleeping bag at 8pm!
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Rosco1 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:01 am

I'm with you Lyn......I HATE rain with a vengance.....especially when it comes to pack-up day.....I expect my summers to be like they were in Perth......

By the way Lyn.....Did you ever see that ''Fire'' thingy that I put on for you to look at after you said that you have trouble lighting a fire.......these are easy to light,,,,safe ,,,and very efficient

:cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Lin » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:47 pm

Thanks Rosco. Would you believe that I don't have space in my car for that? Unless they're foldable. Maybe... If I squeeze hard, I might just be able to pack an extra towel in my car after packing!
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:58 pm

We have just aquired a new firebucket, which is an old washing machine tub. They are great, we put them up on a couple of bricks and they throw some great heat due to all the little holes in the tub.

I know it wont fit in your car Lin but just thought I would mention it anyway.

Will take pics next time we use it!!!!
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby hoadie72 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:22 pm

I found an axe somewhere, possibly in a 4wd magazine that has a screw together handle so should fit into even the most compactest of compact cars.. I'll see if I can find it.

As for that reserve, it looks to be in a nice spot. I was supposed to have been down your way weekend just gone but a few things came up and I had to stay in Sydney. My mates took photos and it looks like it was pretty miserable.
Ben
hoadie72
Captain Camping

Postby Lin » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Last Saturday was quite nice until late afternoon. And Sunday morning was ok. Until I ventured out to walk which was of course when it started peeing down.

And I cannot use an axe. I tried very stubbornly to split a block with a long-handled axe but could not do it. Arm muscles just not strong enough.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:41 pm

Have a look at this one Lin....it may suit you better.

http://flatbrazier.com/
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Lin » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:46 pm

Oh, I really like those, GL! Shame they don't have the prices on their website though.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Lin wrote:Oh, I really like those, GL! Shame they don't have the prices on their website though.

Think they are somewhere around the $100 mark Lin...give or take. Email them and ask them for a price.

I've had mine for a couple years now and can't recall how much it was....sorry.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to General Chit-Chat