Hello

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Hello

Postby GollyGee » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:31 pm

I finally made it back! Thanks for sorting me out admin and to anyone else stuck outside with a forgotten password, the password recovery thingy should be fixed soon.

::)
GollyGee
Camping King

Re: Hello

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:19 pm

WELCOME Back GG....glad to have you back in the fold. You'll notice it is a bit quieter these days so please tell us what you have been doing in your absence.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GollyGee » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:31 am

Hmmm well I'd like to say I've been off on camping adventures, but it looks like I'm just going to have to wait patiently 'til Boxing Day 'til I get to take off.

Other than that, it's all the usual everyday life for me. Right now I'm making blueberry & chocolate muffins.
GollyGee
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:02 pm

GollyGee wrote:
Right now I'm making blueberry & chocolate muffins.

Yum....I have just been visiting with my friends at Corindi Beach and they are picking bluberries. They used to bring me 2 punnets every night...yummy.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Val n Rob » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:08 am

;) mmmmmmm.... Blueberry and Choc Muffins, sounds great!! Gypsy. yummo!
Val n Rob
Captain Camping

Postby Lin » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:14 pm

Welcome back, GG! We haven't been camping either. The weather's just been too weird. We're leaving on the 17th for a 2 week camp. Yay!
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:38 pm

Welcome back GG.

I agree with you Lin about the weather....we are supposed to get more rain this weekend. ::()

The poor farmers are going at it to try and get off what they can before this next lot of rain.

We are off to Forster on the 10th for a long weekend and cant wait.

Have a good holiday Lin. Where are you off to?
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Lin » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:36 pm

We're going to Mystery Bay near Narooma on the Far South Coast of NSW. It's an annual tradition!
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GollyGee » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:28 am

Two weeks is an awesome getaway Lin! So are you away for Christmas and New Years?

(muffins were delish btw. I tried this recipe here- http://www.simplebites.net/how-to-make-the-best-muffins/ - with oats and nutmeg and added nuts & seedy bits too!)

I just booked in another trip for Australia Day with a group of friends - woohooo!
GollyGee
Camping King

Postby Lin » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:31 pm

Ooh, thanks for that link! My muffins always fail, but inspired me to give it another go. I love a good muffin. Good camping breakfast too!

How long will you be going to the Prom for? And where are you going in January? Isn't summer holiday camp planning great?!

We're having a 'campfire party' at my place next week - my 5yo daughter's idea - to discuss details of who is going to arrive/leave when, transport and the practicalities of what to take. No need all of us bringing a big tarp or a campfire BBQ for example.

When we camp we regularly have camp meetings too. We have someone who takes notes (no idea what she does with them) and we often hand out awards. Most of it is just utter silliness, though there is usually a serious 'who does what' part. But as we all get along so well when camping, that never takes long.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:03 pm

Planning the camp is almost as good as the camp IMO....usually lasts longer too.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GollyGee » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:24 am

Enjoy your Forster trip XmasB. I just googled it for more info (had no idea where it was) and I gotta say the photos look lovely!

We're at the Prom for a week. I'm half wishing I booked two weeks, but then we'd end up with pet problems. Australia Day trip will be to Lakes Entrance.

I love the campfire party idea Lin. Great way to get the practicalities sorted and makes the most of the lead up excitement!
GollyGee
Camping King

Postby Lin » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:10 pm

We've also been talking about the idea of having a camping skills contest in my backyard. Tarp erecting, wood chopping and campfire making. :) But everyone's busy in the lead-up to Xmas so we probably won't have time before we go to Mystery.

I'm so glad that I can take my dog camping. She doesn't particularly like going there when it's busy I think, but at least I don't have to worry about finding someone to look after her.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:16 pm

We will thanks GG!!!!

Lakes Entrance is a beautiful part of the world. We stayed at Metung when we were down that way and day tripped to Lakes Entrance.

We are planning to head to Wentworth at Easter. Nice basic CP there and we can day trip to Mildura, Mungo, sandhills etc.....

Enjoy the Prom...look forward to the pics and report. :+
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to General Chit-Chat