Free Camp Spots

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Free Camp Spots

Postby GazOfOz » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:07 pm

Do you let others know about your camp spots?

Or do you keep them secret so others do not spoil them?

If you do let others know have you added them to http://ozcamps.net

GazOfOz
GazOfOz
Camping King

Re: Free Camp Spots

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:02 pm

I only let special friends know of my very favourite campsites Gaz.....They often get spoiled if hordes know of them.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GazOfOz » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:52 pm

GypsyLady wrote:I only let special friends know of my very favourite campsites Gaz.....They often get spoiled if hordes know of them.

A real shame when other campers are viewed as potential vandals.
Do you think we can do anything to get other people to stop spoiling things so we can enjoy the outdoors?

GazOfOz
GazOfOz
Camping King

Postby stevo. » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:47 pm

I probably shouldn't comment on the "special friends" statement... oh but it's tempting!

I like to tell everyone about how cool the place i go are. Most places are probably commen knowledge anyway, but i reckon posting places on a forum with pics usually raises the profile, and you never know how many people/guests view your info and go to that place. I think people would be surprised how many people go to places based on others recommendations, and avoid places also if you bag it out.

anyways, i always like to brag about places i go, but sometimes it's private property, so it's a shame that others will never get to experience those places.
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:11 pm

GazOfOz wrote:A real shame when other campers are viewed as potential vandals.
Do you think we can do anything to get other people to stop spoiling things so we can enjoy the outdoors?

GazOfOz

Oh Gaz....I totally agree...it is a real shame and unfortunately I don't have any answers either on how to solve the problem.

I recently stayed over at a freebie RA just south of Narrabri....quite a nice spot with a number of tracks back in off the highway. A layover spot and nothing more but still a freebie none the less.

The rubbish lying about there was unbelievable and not just one or two bits here and there....heaps/masses of it. The place looked like a rubbish tip.

Another one was Hickey Falls south of Coonabarabran...another freebie RA with a lovely waterfall, shade, picnic tables and rubbish bins supplied but NO........ people were not content to put their rubbish in the bins....just strew it all over the place...oh and not to forget the human faeces right on the path to the waterfall.

Unfortunately some people are just plain and simple grots...they have no respect for other people’s property or the environment.

Even paying a fee for something does not guarantee that all people will treat it well...the grots will still do their bit to destroy what the rest of us want to enjoy.

Unfortunately.......It is the worst part of human nature.

Off my soapbox now....

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camping Tips and Locations