QLD - Boreen Point QLD versus Elanda

QLD - Boreen Point QLD versus Elanda

Postby mumof4 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:59 am

Went there last weekend for a quick camp, thought i would tell you's what they are like for future reference.

Found them both to be really nice spots, about 5km apart near Noosa Tewantin area.

The ppl running Boreen point are lovely, really friendly and approachable, the Elanda park is probably a little better spot, (it has kangaroo's that come to say gday in your camp) but the man running it is pretty rud, which turned us off it. It is such a shame cause it is such a pretty spot, camps are mostly on the water front in both places. Both places quite cheap, a great spot for familys with kids, oh also there is hundreds of bush turkeys running about the places which is also nice for the kids, something different hey.
mumof4

Boreen Pt vs Elanda Pt

Postby gqpatrol » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:44 am

I have had pretty much the same experience. Elanda seems a bit too "organised" for me. I like to relax and do my own thing, and Boreen is nice like that. Pub is closer too! :beer . Mind you it's been 6 or more years since I've been there, but went there heaps as a kid. :grin:
gqpatrol
Captain Camping

Postby amanda » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:02 pm

I was at Borreen a couple of months back and I agree, the people running it are wonderful. They were always smiling and happy, and ready for a friendly chat as they wandered past. Easy walking distance to the beautiful old pub there - which is a great spot for adults and kids, so much lawn for them to run around on (the kids that is not the adults!) I too highli recommend it, and I'll be going back before too long.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby gavdale » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:37 pm

The last time I camped at Elanda Point, several preople remarked at the "don't do this and don't do that" signs and made us wonder where the "No Sex" sign was.... :***
Me, wife and three girls - a bunch of happy campers!!!
gavdale

Postby amanda » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:05 pm

...................Don't think I'll try that park then.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Boreen Point

Postby violetmay » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:51 am

I agree about Boreen management being friendly. We arrived there and found our tent had been left at home. The lovely manager let us stay in his spare van that he kept for his children when they visited him. Very kind, and we were very grateful.

We'd definately go to Boreen Point again, no question about it. Was just a fantastic spot for kids. Very cheap too.

Only drawbacks were it was very windy and very crowded (we went at peak time).

Violetmay
violetmay

Postby s4j » Thu May 24, 2007 10:52 pm

Only stayed at Elanda Pt.....but we liked to stay right down the back sort of on the other side of the dip that runs behind the shower block ......heaps of space and the kids could ride their bikes without annoying other campers....the bonus was getting a top view of the Roos morning and late arvo....we could also spread out a bit more.... :)
s4j
Camping King

Re: Boreen Point QLD verses Elanda

Postby mrsbanksy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:14 am

Hi there everyone,
I just thought I'd put my two cents in on this one, I've been to elanda point as well. Very pretty spot but extremely busy spot during long weekends and school holidays. But I think if you have children great spot as you can swim in the lake which is very shallow for the kids takes a while to get into the deep. The kangaroo's are great. The man who now runs it is a x school principal hence the strict rules. I was a bit disapointed as I saw it on the net and they said they have camp fires but because some people were staying up late and got into a fight he has now band camp fires and well thats the best part of camping in the cooler weather so we froze and went to bed early. But they have a hall that shows kids movies for the kids. great kiosk with cheap meals if you want a break from cooking for the mums out there. Lots of things for kids ping pong tables, canoes, swimming and room for the kids to kick a footy as the back field is a football ground. They have a camp kitchen hot and cold shower's so over all not a bad place if you have children, just the no campfires has turned me off, although I did find one of the staff very friendly, just not the guy running it. Liz
Is it the long weekend yet?
mrsbanksy
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:33 pm

Are either of these venues pet friendly??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:51 am

Boreen Point isn't, not sure about Elanda as I haven't been there.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby AliKat » Fri May 30, 2008 2:06 am

Elanda point is not pet friendly :(
AliKat
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Fri May 30, 2008 9:30 am

AliKat wrote:Elanda point is not pet friendly :(

I was under the impression that neither were pet friendly, is that so AliKat???
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Fri May 30, 2008 9:34 am

Neither are pet friendly Gypsy.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri May 30, 2008 9:40 am

amanda wrote:Neither are pet friendly Gypsy.

Thought that was the case, thanks Amanda.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby AliKat » Fri May 30, 2008 12:23 pm

Yes Gypsy neither are pet friendly - Someone else had already said Boreen wasnt that was why I said Elanda wasnt
AliKat
Boy Scout

Next

Return to Queensland