Christmas camping

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Christmas camping

Postby Lin » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:12 pm

Who is camping on Christmas day? How do you celebrate when camping?

We'll be camping at the coat and I'm a bit lost for ideas. Unfortunately most of my friends will go and celebrate with relatives (some will come back later) so it may just be me and my daugher.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: Christmas camping

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:20 pm

:( :( I Think I'm working that day Lin,,,,But Avis will be set up out at the Glass House Mountains camp...We normally try and be camping on that day and put on Xmas dinner for any family that turn up...(I GET LOTS OF ''LEFT-OVERS''...LOL).....Amazing how many turn up though....have a drink,,,a feed...then move on to the next stop.
I drive back & forwards each day work....Atleast Avis gets a break.
:cheers
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:38 pm

I`m working xmas evening afternoon shift..
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:53 am

I have been camping chrissy day for the last two years and this one will make 3yrs. There is usually family around but we usually gather together for dinner or something while each family spends time in the morning with immediate family.
For us, all the cousins now have their own families and kids and inlaws etc so we hold a big lunch on the second Sunday in December for everyone to come. And since I always organise it, they come to me at the beach!

As for food, we just eat normally pretty much. If we get together for dinner, it would be either a bbq or take away or pot luck.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GollyGee » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:18 pm

Haven't had a camping Christmas Lin, but I reckon if I did I'd:-

* take a bit of tinsel & a few baubles to decorate the site (or find a branch to decorate as a tree)
* have my own carols by candelight by the fire.
* eat our favouritest, fanciest, easiest foods
* have a boiled christmas pudding & custard (just a little pud' in a can sort is easy for camping) even though they're not my super fave.
* spend the arvo relaxing & playing & enjoying
GollyGee
Camping King

Postby stevo. » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:08 pm

I'll be camping this Christmas day, and i think i'll do nothing, as that'll be the easiest most relaxing thing to do. Well, i might have a couple of drinks :cheers
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:31 pm

stevo. wrote:I'll be camping this Christmas day, and i think i'll do nothing, as that'll be the easiest most relaxing thing to do. Well, i might have a couple of drinks :cheers

Me too....I will be camping xmas day....have done so for many years. I totally agree with Steve on this one....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Lin » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:24 am

and i think i'll do nothing, as that'll be the easiest most relaxing thing to do. Well, i might have a couple of drinks

My kind of Xmas!!! But I feel that I should make it a special day for my 5yo. Doesn't even have to be anything particularly christmassy. Just something that makes the day stand out from the other 13 days that we'll be camping there.

Oh and the day after Xmas is my birthday! The only wish I ever have for my birthday is: I want to have a beer in the hammock looking out over the ocean. So fingers crossed we will get a spot with good trees and ocean views this year!

Oh and GG: I hate Xmas food, especially puddings and mince cakes, etc! Fortunately, so does my dd. And I don't know the words to any English carols and my dd definitely doesn't know any. :( I'll have to think of something else to do...
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Carol W » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:32 pm

We usually camp Xmas only havent 2 times in the 10 years and missed the camping both times.
We usually have camp oven roast Pork and Chicken with fresh salad and plumb pudding and custard plus a bit of fruit salad.
All easy to arrange before you go and just work out which day you going to cook on.
Pancakes for breakfast and if you have some bananas you can cook them up with a bit of brown sugar and cinamon then pour over top of pancakes. YUM YUM.
Carol W

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Hey Lin I can do one better.......My birthday IS Xmas Day!!!!!!

We usually have Xmas with family then head off Boxing Day but this year will be VERY different as our eldest is turning 18 on Xmas Eve and we have all the family staying at our place!!!!!

Best thing about having a bday on Xmas day is not having to cook as my sister, mum & hubby do all that. Roast on the BBQ and some seafood, very laid back. We will probably head out to Wyangala Dam for the day on Boxing day for a ski and muck about. Then on the 3rd Jan we will be taking our eldest up the coast to settle him into his new job as a trainee golf pro!!! So a big xmas for us this year.....
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to General Chit-Chat