Pilliga - Scar Trees

Pilliga - Scar Trees

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Travelled from Burren Junction to Pilliga (only 38 klms away) where there were more bore baths (artesian thermal pools) to enjoy and the main attractions for me was to see the ‘Scar Trees’ which have considerable historical significance.

There were some cut down and used as firewood some time back and there was a huge furore over it…..which is to be expected. The unfortunate thing is there are no real signs about to inform you of their significance and of all people I chatted with there….none had any idea what I was talking about….. they just look like dead trees as you can see by the attached pic.

Apart from the HUGE sandflies....big enough to put saddles on and ride....it was a great stop over. I would have stayed longer had it not been for the sandflies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Pilliga - Scar Trees

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:27 pm

We have a couple of "scar trees" here in Cowra Gypsy...

There was a huge furore here as they were building a sub division and had taken one out before anyone had noticed and then they had a "camp in" to stop any further development. I quite often walk that way on our afternoon walks and I can't pick which ones they are!!!!! Now the area is just sitting there??????
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to NSW