NSW - Smugglers Cove tourist Park

NSW - Smugglers Cove tourist Park

Postby bugsssy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:25 am

Hey all

Just thought we would come back and rave about our stay over the past two weeks at Smugglers Cove Tourist Park in Forster NSW.

The park was great for families and had plenty for the kids to do. They held activities 6 days of the week and had everything from discos in the evenings for the kids to plaster painting and karaoke. There was a tractor ride for the kids each afternoon costing 50 cents so the activities were either free or very cheap. The pool is monitored by the manager who is rather strict and didn’t allow bombing or foreign objects into the pool to hurt little ones and would put a message over a PA system kicking kids out if they did anything wrong, but it was rather funny to hear until you wondered if it was your child being kicked out.

The park backs onto the Wallis River so you had a short walk to go fishing and the kids really got into it with plenty of mullet and brim being caught.

Over all we had a great time and had no complaints except for the wind that was blowing a gail for a few days, but it was like that everywhere we went so no hiding from it. Rather wind then rain any day of the week!!!

The amentias were great and i never had to wait for a shower or toilet. I only had to wait twice to use the baby bathroom when i wanted to wash our little one but since she is still small enough she fit in our camp kitchen tub i washed her in that most days and only used the baby bathroom at night. LOL

Here is a picture of our new set up and we were very happy with things just forgot half of the extension poles so had to set up a bit different to normal.

Last edited by bugsssy on Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
bugsssy
Captain Camping

Postby mummeee74 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:54 pm

That's looks like a very comfy setup!

The park sounds like a great place for kids, can you swim in the lake? Is it suitable for littlies? Or is it far to somewhere suitable for them?

thanks

:lol:
mummeee74
Post Machine!

Postby bugsssy » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:04 am

Hey mummeee74,

Yes you can swim in the lake but i wouldn’t go in where Smugglers Cove is it’s more like a mangrove and suitable for fishing. The lake where it’s nicer is only a two to ten min drive away depending on where you want to swim.

Here is a pic of one of the spots we went swimming at

The park also has a toddler’s pool that was .6mtrs in its deepest part and .2mtrs in its shallow end. It has a separate deeper pool for the bigger kids and adults.

Here is the park website http://www.smugglerscove.com.au take a look and see what you think. We have already rebooked for Easter time to take the kids away again.
Last edited by bugsssy on Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
bugsssy
Captain Camping

Postby mummeee74 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:19 pm

Great thanks for replying, I will have a look at their website. :grin:
mummeee74
Post Machine!

Return to NSW