Summer Weather

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Summer Weather

Postby Rosco1 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:41 am

GypsyLady wrote:
Rosco1 wrote:Your as tough as an old boot Gypsy....YOU MUST FEEL FOR THOSE FLOOD VICTIMS....a little bit,,,,surely

Of course I do.....but I also remember the same drought victims.

*********************************************************************************************************

Arn't they the same people Gypsy....Poor ole Farmers been hit from both sides.
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:10 pm

And they just got hit here again !!!!!! 4 inches so far today!!!!!!!

I am water logged at the moment and my poor office has leaks everywhere as the gutters and big downpipes just cannot cope with how quick it is coming.

We now have patchy sun with another big cloud coming so I have the buckets and towels on the ready.

Hubby is stuck in Boorowa as the road there is closed and we are supposed to be going to north to Forster tomorrow for the weekend....so hope we can still get there. I cancelled our powered site and booked a cabin as it's supposed to be heavy rain up there tomorrow too.

Can only imagine how the poor farmers are feeling. :cry:
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Lin » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:09 pm

It does sound pretty bad there in your area. Are you near the Murrumbidgee?

We've had Queanbeyan flood today - town adjacent to Canberra. And more and more roads are closed. All our dams are overflowing madly and the rivers are at capacity too. I feel very lucky to be living in a slightly elevated location and not near any major waterways right now. Tonight is dry so far...
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat