I'm off to the Beach today!!!

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

I'm off to the Beach today!!!

Postby sienna » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:09 am

Just thought I'd make everyone a bit jealous by telling you we're off to the beach for 3 1/2wks today!
Finally the day has arrived. And what's even better is that I'm staying in my mum's campervan which means that I'm not the captain of the ship which means that when there's a storm, I'm not the one who has to get up and get soaked banging in the pegs! :armsup

And the icing on the cake is that Alex adores his grandma so they'll keep each other busy so I can get on with serious relaxing. Very important in my state, you know. :***
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: I'm off to the Beach today!!!

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Have an absolute hoot!!!!!!

And yes I am very jealous :*** :*** :***
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:21 pm

Yes I'd have to say I am jealous of the holiday but not your particular 'sate' sienna......you can have that one all on your own......ENJOY any pampering you can get.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Val n Rob » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:08 pm

Have a wonderful time Sienna, we are heading off to Port Macquarie next week. Staying over till after Christmas. I will be happy to see my daughters and grandkids. And I will be happy to see some "real" shops!!! Get my shopping fix then will be glad to leave again!!!

:cheers
Val n Rob
Captain Camping

Postby sienna » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:35 pm

Here I am enjoying the quiet of a gentle breeze of the beach.
Been a lovely, if not windy, day here. Been at the beach most of the day followed by an arvo nap.
Was lovely to arrive and have the van all set up and all I had to do was make my bed.
We got here a bit later than expected due to issues with the brakes on mum's van. They had seized up in the driveway and the van wouldn't budge. After much ringing around and lots of jiggling, they finally came free. It's suspected that driving through rain and water on Sunday has affected her van's brakes and she'll be getting them checked out when we get back.

If I get a nice sunset shot, I'll make sure I post it....just to rub it in a bit more! :***
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:55 pm

What beach are you at sienna.....my daughter is up at Donnybrook and she said it was very windy there today.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby sienna » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:12 pm

Ah Gypsy, need you ask?! :grin: Tallebudgera. Yes it has been windy today but it hasn't really blown the sand up in your face. And it's been rather welcome given how hot it would have been without it.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:16 pm

sienna wrote:Ah Gypsy, need you ask?! :grin: Tallebudgera.

I actually thought it might be Talle sienna but thought I'd ask the question and be sure rather than surmising.

Is it very busy there yet??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Lin » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:12 am

Enjoy Sienna! Sounds lovely. Another week to go and I'll be spending most of my days on the beach for 2 weeks too.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby sienna » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:27 pm

Busier today but still quite a few empty spots though. Been rather wet so I suspect people might be hoping tomorrow is better. Was funny watching some campers put up their tent in the rain today. There were too many of them trying to put it up instead of just a couple people. Oh well. They had fun so that's the main thing.
I tell you what though. There are lots of ladies doing it by themselves. All power to us! :?#

Lin, I saw that you had already started packing the car. That's keen! I'd be worried I'd forgotten something. I like to put everything out and then make it all fit. Hope you get some fine weather.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:44 am

sienna wrote: Was funny watching some campers put up their tent in the rain today. .

There was a young couple (with baby) who pulled in beside me in one CP who had bought a new tent a few days before. They had NO IDEA and I do mean No Idea of how to put it up. They had not even taken it out of the bag before.....and I was told "the 'salesman' just did this and it was up!!!"

I watched them struggle and try to figure it out and eventually had to help.....it was so distressing seeing their pain. Mind you I probably ended up putting most of it up myself.

There was no hammer to hammer in the pegs....just one brand new tent, blow up bed, bedding ....oh and 2 laptops. Nothing else that I saw. When the tent was up they went away in the car to return to sleep....disappeared again next morning and returned late in the day to pack up.....with a hammer.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Lin » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:04 pm

I set up on my own. I've occasionally had a male friend help me, but frankly I prefer to do it on my own because I'm a perfectionist when it comes to setting up the tent and I know exactly how to do it an in which order. The only thing that I sometimes ask help with - if there's someone around - is to get the fly over the tent because it's very high. But if I have to, I invented a trick to do it on my own. They have a saying in Belgium "Who is not strong (or tall!) must be clever."

Girl power!
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Titch2 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:23 pm

Hope your having a great time.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby sienna » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:33 pm

Rather wet here as everyone already knows.
Watched some more people put up tents and tarps etc. Some people have not used anywhere near enough poles and ropes etc. Shall be interesting to see how they fare with all the storms that are predicted.

The shade sails around the back of Talle in the lagoon area got severely ripped apart after Friday's storm went through. Bet they don't get fixed anytime soon. At least a couple of them have survived - enough for me to sit under!

Still this beats sitting at home. :armsup
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Titch2 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:37 pm

Pictures or its all a lie.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat