Hi folks

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hi folks

Postby chris t » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:41 am

:hello: just registered so i can ask questions and pick up some tips if i finally decide to go camping to australia
chris t

Re: Hi folks

Postby Lin » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi Chris and welcome!

Where are you from?
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:20 pm

chris t wrote::hello: just registered so i can ask questions and pick up some tips if i finally decide to go camping to australia

Not sure where you are from Chris or what you are expecting but the best suggestion I can offer is for you to spend sometime reading back through the forum archives. There is a lot of info on offer here.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby chris t » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:15 pm

Lin wrote:Hi Chris and welcome!

Where are you from?

hi lin im from the uk
Last edited by chris t on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chris t

Postby chris t » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:19 pm

GypsyLady wrote:
chris t wrote::hello: just registered so i can ask questions and pick up some tips if i finally decide to go camping to australia

Not sure where you are from Chris or what you are expecting but the best suggestion I can offer is for you to spend sometime reading back through the forum archives. There is a lot of info on offer here.

yes gypsy lady that was my plan to read through the other posts, i was just expecting some pointers as to if its worth it with coming from the uk and whether i bring my own tent or make allowances to buy 1 over there or just advice(but first ill read the prev posts)
chris t

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:35 pm

Chris....it will depend on how long you plan to travel in Au as to whether it is worthwhile bringing your own tent etc.

What time of year are you planning on coming and what is your general plan??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Lin » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:59 am

Is it worth it? Sh!t yeah! :lol:

I'm from Belgium originally, but have been here for 14 years... And the beauty of the bush and the vastness of the land still blows me away.

It depends on what kind of tent you need whether you bring yours or not. If it's a fairly large tent, it might be more hassle than it's worth. Maybe have a look at some Australian camping stores' websites to get an idea about prices? There's some companies here that will rent out camping gear too.

One advice that I can give you now which most on here would probably agree with is: avoid the summer holidays. Most nice camping spots get really busy then. I'm in Southern NSW and the best time to camp here would probably be mid-Feb to late March.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby sienna » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:31 pm

Welcome.

Just a thought...
Your tent may not be suitable for our warmer weather here. My cousin brought her UK tent back with her and found that it was way too warm for our climate. Of course that may well depend on where you want to camp.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:10 pm

sienna wrote: that may well depend on where you want to camp.

....and when??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: