Camping near the beach

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Camping near the beach

Postby Dani B » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:27 pm

Hi all,

I'm a very new camper, never having camped before but have been given my parents camper trailer to set off in over the holidays. My partner and myself would like to find a nice camping/caravan spot that is near the beach. Anywhere in SA, VIC and NSW would be great.

I would love to hear and see any pictures of spots that were really beautiful and relaxing.

Thanks. Dani
Dani B

Re: Camping near the beach

Postby Lin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:47 pm

At this late stage, most caravan parks are probably fully booked for most of the holidays... Lots of National Parks don't take bookings so you could try your luck there. There's also some "primitive campinggrounds" that work on a first come, first served basis.

It's a very broad area you are considering, so hard to give recommendations. Also, most of our favourite spots, we've already covered in the Park & Recreation Area Reviews or Camping Tips and Locations areas. Just have a browse there. You might also be able to find some nice pics in The Great State Photo Comp.

Good luck!
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: Camping near the beach

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:31 pm

I agree with Lin's comments....way late to be considering CPs in any of the beach destinations. Often they are booked 12 months in advance for the xmas period.

Have a look on the forum as Lin has suggested and try here: http://ozcamps.net/

Another suggestion would be to ask your parents....if it is their camper, obviously they are campers and no doubt they would know some places for you to camp.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camping Tips and Locations