Packing!

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Packing!

Postby Lin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:44 pm

Who else is packing for the Xmas trip?

I packed my boot tonight, so halfway there. As my car is tiny, the rest of the car will also be filled up, leaving just enough space for the driver, a 5yo and a big dog. :)

My motto this year is "Less stress!", so I'm being very casual about everything. If I forget something, I'll go buy it. Also, we have friends coming and going the 2 weeks we'll be there so can always ask someone to pick something up from home too. I'm not preparing any food in advance either this time. I'm going to arrive with some sausages, some supermarket potato salad and eggs and bacon only! I'll drive to Woolies the day after we arrive to stock up.

I couldn't even be bothered attaching the springs to the new tarp ropes yet. I figure I have a lot more time there than I have here. I am working till Friday and then we leave when school finishes. Yay!
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: Packing!

Postby stevo. » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:47 pm

i dunno Lin, i reckon you're stressing by packing early?

When are you leaving?

But yeah, i'm also keen to get packing and get away for the xmas camp .. been preparing for weeks.. ooh the money that has been spent :oops:
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Lin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:00 pm

Leaving on the 17th, but working every day from Monday till I pick my daughter up from school on that day. I have a BBQ to go to on Sunday so only half a weekend left. And I also need to get the watering system for our veggies working and make sure the house and garden are tidy and clean before we leave. I go back to work the day after we come back and then I'll be hosting a 6th birthday party 5 days later.

I spent about 4 times as much at the camping store as I intended to yesterday. Isn't it always the way... I didn't even buy anything big. But lots of bits and pieces...
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby stevo. » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:11 pm

7 days? heaps of time?.......... heh, just joking...

yeah same here, been going to the shops every second day getting little things!

I guess in the end, it doesn't really matter if you get to camp and forget some luxury.
stevo.

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:35 pm

I am not packing for Xmas yet....still washing and cleaning up etc from my recent 5 week road trip.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:39 am

WOW Lin....Packing so early ...lol ,,,,but then I suppose thats the beauty of our other camp trailer and our new camper trailer ....we are sorta always packed,,,,chuck in the food and go.......
All I have to remember to do is plug in the fridge the day before :)
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Val n Rob » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:15 am

We're getting ready to head off on Tuesday, 14th. Off to the coast for the Christmas / New Year period, then not sure where till February when I am off on a cruise to New Caledonia and Vanuatu. Looking forward to seeing the Grandkids and spending some time with the family. And I want to do some shopping, at real shops!! Shopping where we live is a 3 hr trip each way, except for groceries and the boring things!!!

:+
Val n Rob
Captain Camping

Postby Lin » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:41 am

No just chucking anything in in our car, Rosco. I need to know what goes where before I start or it won't fit.

Have fun catching up and shopping, Val!
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Lin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:44 am

This whole packing thing would be such a breeze if life wouldn't get in the way. Instead of getting the last things ready for our trip, I've been running around managing my 5yo's busy social life instead! Had a major meltdown last night, but now I'm fine again and I am still determined to be on the road by 3.30pm Friday afternoon!
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby stevo. » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Lin wrote:My motto this year is "Less stress!", so I'm being very casual about everything

What happened to that rule? :*** :cheers
stevo.

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:00 pm

How come Men can go......

Camping stuff........then

Socks,shoes,shorts 1 pr longs,shirts,bathroom stuff........there we are......''Packed'' (woops...forgot the food....Hmmm...another '3' minutes......

NOW ,,,,We're Ready !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby linv » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:34 pm

So, you sleep on the ground in the open, Rosco? No firewood to chop? No food to cook? ;)

I don't have that much gear, but when tent camping you do have to pack from scratch each time. I've given my 5yo the responsibility to pack her own toys and games. Hasn't happened yet!
linv
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:09 pm

linv wrote: I've given my 5yo the responsibility to pack her own toys and games. Hasn't happened yet!

Looks like they might not get packed then, hey Lin.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:31 pm

TENTS PACKED UP FROM LAST TIME...so...plonk it in the car....
Get firewood there as needed...if you have limited room in a car........
clothes & food last......wholla....your ready
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:58 pm

Rosco1 wrote:....wholla....your ready

Rosco.....I think you might mean voilà....you're ready......
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat