Xmas Lights & Decorations

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Xmas Lights & Decorations

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:30 pm

Who of you go all out at xmas time and dress up your house outside.....lights, decorations etc. I mean the OUTDOOR type where people drive around looking at all the homes decorated with xmas lights etc.

Who would put up xmas lights, decorations etc whilst camping over xmas??

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Xmas Lights & Decorations

Postby linv » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:03 pm

We don't even have a christmas tree up at home. And I have a child!

I did intend to take some solar-powered fairy lights this year, but failed to get to the shop to buy them...
linv
Boy Scout

Postby Chicky Babe » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:37 pm

My daughter just put up lights on the balcony and down the stairs while I was out, but they won't be on when we are away..am taking solar lights camping for the xmas tree and fairy garden...i was going to do the whole front garden and house this year but it came so quick was far too busy making side awnings for "GUS"....but I do love to see the xmas lights on my drive home from work!! :+
Chicky Babe
Camping Veteran

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:12 am

As much as I think Xmas has become over Commercialized, I still like to see something done for the kids.

Avis will probably put up a couple of strips of lights around the tent plus we always have our solar lights out the front....all-n-all, nowdays...pretty low key :(
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:02 pm

I always put up a big tree inside and tinsel down the stair railing. Would love to put stuff in the front yard but it all seems so expensive and then you have to find somewhere to store it all for next year.
I have a set of chrissy decorations just for my ct. Tinsel, little tree for the table, solar and electrical fairy lights and a couple of those foil decorations that fold out to form things like a star and a tree etc. Love walking around looking at various front yards and here at the caravan park lots of prople have lights etc put too. The place is quite festive.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Titch2 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:11 pm

GypsyLady wrote:
Who of you go all out at xmas time and dress up your house outside.....lights, decorations etc. I mean the OUTDOOR type where people drive around looking at all the homes decorated with xmas lights etc.

Who would put up xmas lights, decorations etc whilst camping over xmas??

What do you do?Eh
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:26 pm

Titch2 wrote:
What do you do?Eh
Titch

ME....absolutely nothing...go camping normally.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to General Chit-Chat