Hey ya all

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hey ya all

Postby Mathew B » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:02 pm

Hey guys,

Just thought i'd say hello there, have just joined up as the new years resolution is do get out doors and do some camping! My partner and I haven't done camping since we were little so now is the time eh :)

We are looking at getting a 2 room tent and like the looks of this tent in particular: Diamantina Escape Duo

I wonder if there is anybody who owns one of these and what their thoughts are regarding these tents. This one in particular has been tested for high winds and rain and appears very strong.

Is there any other recommendations you guys recommend for good quality 2 room tents?

Hope Christmas has gone well for you all and looking forward to the new year 8)

Cheers,
Mat
Mathew B

Re: Hey ya all

Postby Cyndi » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi Mat,
Welcome! I have only just joined this group too, and seems we share the same new years resolution!!!

Can't recommend any particular brands of tents...we bought ours some 6 years ago, two roomed, all weather and it has been totally awesome!!! Withstood many a storm! We also have an "Aussie" tent, which we love for it's ease of erecting - simply lay it out and pull a few strings. Our Aussie one is a one room, but they are available in two room and is possibly what we would get next time round for it's durability and again ease of putting up and down.

Anyway, good luck with it all! And Have a wonderful new year!

Cheers,
Cyndi
:grin:
Cyndi

Postby Titch2 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:57 pm

Welcome to the forum,can,t help you with the tent mentioned.
Look for the search button and type in your Query,see if that is a start.
Cheers.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Steve L » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:40 pm

Welcome aboard.

Steve
Steve L

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:12 am

Welcome aboard....Not sure where you are from but...if its QLD....Heres a pic of a 'new-age' tent for Queensland this year
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:19 am

On a serious note Matt........Seems these Camper Trailers are the way to go now days......We uptated to one this year....Have only used it once so far but...it seems to be ok.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:16 pm

WELCOME to the forum Mat and good luck with the tent hunting.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Lin » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:20 pm

Hi Matt and welcome. I've owned a Coleman Overlander - which has one room and an annex the same size and was very happy with it. I couldn't say anything bad about it. Last year I upgraded to a Black Wolf Mojave SG4 which has a fully enclosed annex. I didn't like it much at first, but I am finally warming to it now. There's more infomation on both these tents in the Gear Guide forum.

Thought I'd add that both these tents have coped very well with heavy rain and strong winds, though if the Black Wolf is not in a sheltered location, I have to use the guy ropes for the annex to prevent the poles from bending too much.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Introductions: