I live in Perth and after years of traveling around the world have decided to explore own own country! Pretty excited about it. Will have a couple of years to do NT as I'm moving to Alice Springs for work for at least a year.
I've got a Nov 2006 diesel Paj with Pirhana dual battery system, 120 watt solar panel, Night Stalker HID spotties, ARB Roo Bar and winch, 50L water tank, 40L Engel fridge/freezer, Howling Moon roof top tent, Ironman awning, 20L jerry can, webber baby Q and recovery gear. I am pretty excited about the year ahead and want to take a scenic route through to Alice - I only have 10 days though.
Have never driven across the Nullarbor so was wanting some advice on where I should stay along the way and realistic drive times Pretty keen to camp in scenic areas I am pretty self sufficient.
A rough Plan is
- Perth to Kalgoorlie (will stay 2 days as I am originally a Kal boy)
- Kalgoorlie to... dingaling or Nullarbor National Parks??? I was hoping to stay along the coast but as I am travelling on my own not sure. Is there caming in Nuytsland National Park? The Nullarbor National Park looks a great area though
- Stop at Streaky Bay/Coffin Bay - any advice
- Stop at Port Lincoln - hoping to do fishing. Hope it is a good spot
- Then through Adelaide - maybe a cheeky arvo in the Barrossa Valley
- Up through Lake Eyre
- On to Alice Springs.
May have to give the Lake Eyre part a miss on account of time plus if things are nice in Port Lincoln or somewhere else along the way happy to forget about Lake Eyre and Barossa for the moment. Will have time whist in Alice (I hope!)
Any advice on where to stay would be appreciated!
Happy and safe travels,