Frustrated and annoyed

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Frustrated and annoyed

Postby sienna » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:25 am

Well I just spent the last 1 3/4hr on the phone trying to book christmas at Tallebudgera. Mostly I couldn't get through but when I did I got thrown off twice, once in the middle of my call trying to book. And after spending 40min listening to some girl rattle on about how great gold coast parks are, I finally got through again. I immediately told the person to take my mobile down as I had been thrown off before. He said they were experiencing phone problems due to the large volume of calls. NO SH*T Sherlock! This happens every year and nothing gets done about it.

To put the icing on the cake, the site I wanted was already gone so now I can't get permanency and have to go through all this again next year. :x

I am so P*ssed right now. :evil:

Some of you are wondering why I do this and right now, I couldn't tell you.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: Frustrated and annoyed

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:52 pm

I thought you had to wait until later in the year to book sienna....at least that is what my daughter was told.

Like you, she got peeeed off and they are now going to Donnybrook instead.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby sienna » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:02 pm

Permanents have til end of Jan to rebook. Then the bookings are open on 1 Feb to 3 wk blocks for christmas. Then as we get into the year they start to accept 2wk blocks then 1 wk and then 1 Nov it's open to whatever is left is not much usually.

I was watching ch 9 news and they even mentioned it. Apparently the first lady through started to line up at 2pm yesterday and camped overnight. Now that's ridiculous. ::()

Look I know we should probably go somewhere else but we've made friends there, same as last year, and there's a few kids Alex's age and a bit older. He loves hanging out with them and they're lovely kids. And we know enough adults around who look out for our kids too. I've even got babysitters lined up already. And at the end of the day, we love going there.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby sienna » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:34 pm

I'm just wondering here and I'd like some feedback.
Their phone lines caused me to be hung on in the middle of a booking and I have the name of the girl I was speaking to and my phone logs to show when I got through. As I was thrown off, I couldn't get back through for another 40min in which time I lost my site. This has cost me permanency.

Essentially their crap phone system has potentially cost me permanency (unless my site was booked before I first got through)

So should I ring up and ask to speak to the manager and ask them when the site was booked and if it was booked after I got hung up on then I should be entitled to that site and therefore permanency?
It is a decent site with a couple nice trees and it is more than large enough for me to be compfortable on. It is also central to the amenties, pools and beaches etc. And importantly, it is a grass site near my friends.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:44 pm

Sienna...You do what you think is right for '''you'''.....But as Gypsy sorta suggested....(and...I'm sorta agreeing)...there are many more camps you can choose to stay at...maybe branching out and seeing other camps maybe a good opportunity for you guys to enjoy new experiences and maybe even find that in most places you go to...theres going to be new friends to make....young Alex will enjoy meeting new friends as well...
Remember our camp at Mt Warning...as an example.....new surroundings and going camping with new people who you had never met before and new friendships were born......same will happen over & over....given the chance.
Cheers
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:23 pm

mmmm can see both sides of the story here but when you have been going meeting up as long as Sienna has and Talli is a very noice spot i can see why she is peeved off.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to General Chit-Chat