WE NEED A NEW PLACE TO GO! ABOUT 3HRS FROM GOLD COAST

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

WE NEED A NEW PLACE TO GO! ABOUT 3HRS FROM GOLD COAST

Postby woodsa1974 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:31 pm

:*** WE ARE IN NEED OF A NEW FAMILY CAMPING OR CARAVAN PARK ECT. WE USUALLY GO TO EVANS HEAD AT CHRISTMAS BUT WE CARN'T GO IN THE PEAK SEASON ANYMORE DUE TO WORK AND WE HAVE DECIDED TO HUNT AROUND FOR A NEW PLACE TO GO IN THE OFF SEASON. EVANS IS GREAT BUT REALLY TO BUSY. WE ARE HAPPY CAMPERS AT THE MOMENT BUT GETTING AN OLD BANGA CARAVAN THIS YEAR SOME TIME!!

WE WOULD NEED A PLACE TO FISH AND CANOE WITH A BIT OF SWIMMING FOR THE KIDS. WE HAVE TWO CHILDREN 3 AND 2 SO WE NEED TO ENTERTAIN THEM!!. THE PLACE WILL NEED TO HAVE A BIT OF SHADE AND GREEN GRASS HATE THE SAND. (FUSY BUGGER)

WE ARE HAPPY TO STAY SOME WHERE FOR A WEEK AND MOVE FOR THE NEXT. WE HAVE TWO TO THREE WEEKS UP OUR SLEEVE AND COULD ONLY REALLY AFFORD TO GO TO A EXPENSIVE PARK FOR A WEEK THEN MAYBE A DAM/RIVER . I HOPE SOMEONE CAME HELP I AM A FUSSY BUGGER WHEN IT COMES TO CAMPING NOW WE HAVE THE KIDS!! CHEERS ALL YE HAPPY CAMPERS / TRAVELERS
cheers happy campers
woodsa1974

Postby amanda » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:54 pm

Have a look at the thread below this one on Island Reach. Haven'r been there personally, but from everyone's reports looks like the perfect place for the kids, fishing, swimming and canoeing.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Darlington Park

Postby gqpatrol » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:09 pm

Maybe Darlington park, have mentioned it before, but will search for the link again. Here it is - :grin: http://www.bsc.qld.gov.au/shire_informa ... ng%20area'
gqpatrol
Captain Camping

Postby trevc » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:20 pm

G'day

We've just got back from 5 days at Midginbil Hill camping grounds, half-way between Uki and Nimbin.

Sounds like the type of spot you guys might be looking for..

When I have time later this week I'll post a review, which will have contact details.

Trev
trevc
Boy Scout

Postby woodsa1974 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:09 pm

Thanks so much trevc got onto the site and it looks great.

do you have young children if so how did they go there?

are there many mozies mate?

:armsup
cheers happy campers
woodsa1974

Postby trevc » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:39 pm

Woody??

Plenty of flies - no mozzies.

See seperate thread for report.

Trev
trevc
Boy Scout

Return to Camping Tips and Locations