[qld] fishing open invite

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

[qld] fishing open invite

Postby stevo. » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:09 am

Would like to go Borumba Dam on Sunday 27/02/2011. (near Imbil Qld)

One spare seat for a trip there in the car and in the tinnie. I have all the gear (basic) for fishing, ..
will probably be there for 6 hours on the water, (can run in to shore for toilet breaks). It can end up being a 10 hour day by the time you get home.

I'm no expert, so it's all pretty casual, usualy muck around with different gear and locations.

It's more about cruising out to a nice location and having a nice day out, bit of fishing, few photos etc.

(Technically you need a fishing permit to fish but usually we're way out the back and no one can see, or you can get a permit)

PM if you're interested, ( id don't expect to get any PMs, but have posted up on a couple of forums, and i only have one seat spare)
:cheers
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Re: [qld] fishing open invite

Postby Titch2 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:29 am

Sounds like your hitting on Roscoe :--?

Nice thought Stevo.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby stevo. » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:21 am

Well, i was hoping for someone a litle more attractive but i'll take what i can get :***
stevo.

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:37 am

'''''''''''''''''''''GYPSY'S''''''''''''''''''''HOME BAITING HER HOOKS..........SHOULD BE THERE VERY SOON............
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Titch2 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:44 am

Rosco1 wrote:'''''''''''''''''''''GYPSY'S''''''''''''''''''''HOME BAITING HER HOOKS..........SHOULD BE THERE VERY SOON............

Sharpening claws more likely :***
I think Roscoe would look good in fishing gear lol.

roscoe fishing.jpg

Titch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:00 pm

If I though the young fella could keep up with the slightly older fella......I'd be a starter...lol

Unfortunatly...I am coming to the end of a 2359..to..1200 shift and have to do it all over again tonite....

Talk about make my day / nite....I'm at what the other guards call the ''SNAKE-PIT''....Casledine Uni...been left empty now for over 3 ish years and totally over grown......Snake heaven.....

Have a GREAT day out fishing and :beer Stevo.....I'll be thinking of you (and Gypsy your co pilot...You could come home an expert fisherman....as long as its not raining...lol)(Gypsy thinks you can't catch fish when its raining...ha)
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Oh I'd LOVE to go fishing....unfortunately I am unable to take up the offer at this time......boo hoo...sob, sob.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:43 pm

Thats ok Gypsy ...we know your 'TOY'..MOTA (shoulda bought a mighty NISSAN) has konked out again...but Stevo could pop out ..and pick you up......problem solved........ :beer :beer :beer
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:19 pm

Not the fault of the Toyota Rosco but rather the parts supplied by someone other than Toyota!!

They made some noise about 'cost' and I bit my tongue figuring I'd wait until the job was done BEFORE I gave them the benefit of my experience.

Well a couple hours later I got a call to say the car would not be ready until Tuesday but it would all be done under warranty.....very smart decision on their part I can tell you.

I still could not have gone even if I had the car.....have my kiwi friends visiting.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:34 pm

Oh Bugger if only i`d seen this post earlier i would have been there like a shot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Yeah.....I wonder how the fishing trip is going......
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Titch2 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote:Oh Bugger if only i`d seen this post earlier i would have been there like a shot.

You would have scared the fish into the boat in that outfit. :--?
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby stevo. » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Arrived at the dam at 6am, and headed off with a heap of other tinnies and hardcore Bass boats, was pretty impressive. Tried a few different spots, different lures but no action. I didn't see anyone else get anything either. I went for a cruise right up the back which was a pretty nice place. Headed back after 4 hours and there was crap loads of skiboats everywhere and the ramp was packed.

Talked to a few people there, one fella had a bucket full of Redclaws! I didn't think they had any there so i didn't take the traps! ohwell. Talked to another fella in a nice comp fishing boat, he caught one Bass and one Saratoga and said it was pretty bad, which made me feel better. He said a lot of the other dams are no good at the moment, like BP, Boondooma, Awoonga and a few south, but it should be some really good fishing in a few months to a year once things settle down, so the future looks good.

Worth going back i reckon, a nice place to cruise around. Atleast i got some good casting practice in.

Just home in time for some Sunday arvo drinks :cheers
stevo.

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Did you finally get a taker for the 'spare' seat Stevo??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby stevo. » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:32 pm

nah, probably not enough notice, but i only decided to go at the last minute anyway, not much planning involved. I just saw that it was supposed to be a nice day so i thought it'd be better than sitting at home watching tv, which it was! It's always good to get out to these kinds of nice places even if it takes a while to get there. It's a different world out at these places as you would know. It kind of sucks being stuck in 600sqm on a house block :-bang (even thought it's a nice place to live).
stevo.

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat