Hastings Point Big 4

Hastings Point Big 4

Postby dicko77 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi All, Stayed at a nice park a few weeks back at Hastings Point for the weekend and had a great time.The park has got everything you can think of.It has 3 pools a day spar a good games room and the sites are nice and big and has trees blocking you off from the vans next to you.The price was on the high range but with all the extras that you get it was well worth it.I have posted some photo so have a look and see what you think.
Cheers Dicko :beer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dicko77
Camping Veteran

Re: Hastings Point Big 4

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:19 am

Look nice and probably great for families but definitely NOT my sort of CP....give me the simple things.

Also being a Big4....not pet friendly!!
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby dicko77 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:46 am

Are they looking at becoming pet friendly.I read somewhere that they were reviewing it.
dicko77
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:13 am

dicko77 wrote:Are they looking at becoming pet friendly.I read somewhere that they were reviewing it.

I also heard the same thing dicko (& from a Big4 owner) but believe it will still the the park owners/managers choice. Think it will also be a long time coming as well, presuming it does come.

PS....not going to hold my breath.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby padfoot » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:45 pm

I loved this place. We stayed here just after they had opened the new Day Spa and it was great. It is a great park for families. It's only 1 hour up to the Gold Coast and theme parks too.

I think Big 4 allowing dogs in their parks is an attempt to lure the more off peak travellers. I think they are missing out on a lot of the grey nomad market. I'm still not convinced that will work as in general, grey nomads don't want bells and whistle, just a cheap, clean park. Granny doesn't take to the jumping pillow as well as my 9 year old. It's good that they will now at least allow the owner of the park to decide wether they will allow dogs or not. I also expect that it will still be 'No Dogs' in peak school holiday periods.
padfoot
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:44 pm

padfoot wrote: grey nomads don't want bells and whistle, just a cheap, clean park.

That is so very true padfoot. I am not a grey nomad....just practising when I get the chance and that is still all that I want in a CP.

I prefer bush camping but believe there is still a need to stay at CPs at particular times.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby stevo. » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:50 pm

That's a fancy resort!

Though, i reckon i could have some fun in the kids playground, and get stuck in the tubes :cheers
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby MacLister » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:56 pm

How does this site work with camper trailers though? Infact, that's a general site questions. Most say Caravans... and tents... Camper trailers are really in between, no?
MacLister
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:14 pm

Camper trailers are fine on most caravan sites Mac.

Not all CPs have slabs but if they do you can usually set your CT up around the slab. For a rear folding CT you set up beside the slab and step out of your CT on to the slab.

For a side fold CT you set up with the fold out section on top of the slab.

The one thing you do have to keep in mind is if you have a soft floor that requires pegging down. You can sometimes get away with not pegging down by putting some of the heavier items/boxes around the inside perimeter.

Alternatively you can choose to set up camp in the tent section which is usually grassed.

My advice is to measure the overall size of dirt you require to set up you CT....including ropes etc and then you will know what your requirements are. Most CTs take up about the same amount of space as a caravan with awning.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby dicko77 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:18 pm

When we went to this park there was a lot of camper trailers there and they didnt seem to have any problems.Plus they park your trailer for you so you could just ask them what they would think the best way to set it up would be
Cheers Dicko :beer
dicko77
Camping Veteran

Postby mytribe » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:47 pm

That would have to be the flashest caravan park I've seen, my children would think they'd landed in Neverland staying there, unfortunately for them a cold running creek/river and pit toilets is about as flash as they're gonna get :***
Me,DH and 6 freeloading midgets..plus the furry animals
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby dicko77 » Tue May 22, 2012 9:14 pm

Heading back here for June long weekend it should be good. Hopefully we have a nice sunny weekend
Cheers :beer
dicko77
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Wed May 23, 2012 8:20 pm

And hopefully lots of pics to show us on your return Dicko
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to NSW