Midginbil Hill Farmstay - Review

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Midginbil Hill Farmstay - Review

Postby trevc » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:36 pm

This is only our 3rd camping trip and I thought I would do a small report on our most recent trip.

We spent the last 5 days (4 nights) camping at Midginbil Hill (MH)Farmstay/Camp Grounds. (http://www.midginbilhill.com.au/)

Adults $10/night, kids over 4 $7.

MH is located about 15 mins from Uki / 30 mins from Mulwillinbah, Northern NSW. It is about 5 k's off the main road, with about 1/2 of that dirt.

We arrived after the reception had closed so made our way down to the camping area. As this was the first w/e after school holidays we had the place to ourselves. Appearently the week before there was 200 people staying there - we planned well. Over the whole 4 days there was only 2 other families and each was camped in a seperate area to ours.

There are 3 different camping areas, with around 10 - 15 sites per area. Each site seemed to have a fire-ring and hot plate arrangement, with the only difference that I could see was orientation to the morning/afternoon sun, and proximity to the basic but clean amenities block. Some of the sites a some way away from the blocks so I imagine those that don't mind roughing it a bit more would be better suited to those.

We setup the rented Jonno's CT on a fairly even, large site and was protected from early morning and afternoon sun by some large shady trees. Another couple joined us for two nights and they pitched a tent on an ajoining site.

As far as the facility itself goes, there is not a lot to do except relax. There is a creek runnng thru the place but it was very dry. Also there is a 90min walk to a look out, but with kids 2 and 4 we thought we could do without this time around. They do have a saltwater swimming pool which we used a couple of times a day.

Their website gives info on other activities such as horseridind, archery and canoing but these were not available during our visit (and we wouldn't have partook anyway). There is a very friendly small town shop to the west (on the way to Nimbin) that sells everything from ice to beer to tennis balls.

All in all MH is a pretty clean, basic open plan camp site suited to families and couples alike.

Would we go back? Sure would, but after trying some other camping grounds first.

Trev
trevc
Boy Scout

Postby elpaulos » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:55 pm

Trev
Thanx for the review. You've sold me :+
91 Landcruiser.
elpaulos
Camping Veteran

Postby Kramer » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:31 am

Hmm close to Nimbin can you smell the hippy's from there or not? :booty
Sounds like a nice place would love to go there one day but not during winter I bet.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby trevc » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:21 pm

No...plenty of fresh air between.
trevc
Boy Scout

Return to Camping Tips and Locations