Hi from Adelaide

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hi from Adelaide

Postby Lucy C » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:06 pm

Hello everyone,

We are a family from the outer southern suburbs of Adelaide with 2 small one, a 3yo girl and an almost 1 yo boy. Since my husband and I were together we've always loved camping, and started out borrowing gear and slowly built up our own stash.
A year or two ago we made a pact with some great mates, that we would travel the country together in 2013. We are hoping to spend about a year (at least our family) on the road probably down to Tassie up the east coast, across to Darwin and down through the centre.
We have been lusting after a camper trailer for a while and we went to the Caravan and Camping Show and came home having paid a deposit for one! ::() :grin: We're planning a trip to Melbourne about 2 days after getting it!!

Lots of great info and advice on the forum!

Lucy
Lucy C
Boy Scout

Re: Hi from Adelaide

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi Lucy and WELCOME to the forum. Great news about your new cam,per and what exciting times you have ahead of you.

Lots of fun with getting it set up to your liking....cutlery, crockery, bedding, chairs, tables, cooking utensils etc.

The best piece of advice I can give you is....practice setting it up at home first....in the privacy of your own back yard. You might even like to camp out for the first night at home.....quiet a few of us have done that before today.

I am always so reluctant to return from my outback trips and have been known to sleep in my CT for a couple nights in the back yard after I return home......kinda breaks me in to the reality of being back home...gently.

Also a good idea to have a good look around the forum....lots of great stories, pics, chat and info to be had here.

Perhaps you'd like to tell us a bit more about the brand of CT you bought and why you chose that particular one.

Oh and I forgot......we love pics here Lucy...so any you have to share with us would be great.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby stevo. » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:47 pm

Welcome to the forum Lucy :cheers
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Titch2 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Lucy C » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:21 am

Here is a photo of my monsters at our last camping trip, a couple nights away at Deep Creek Conservation Park, SA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lucy C
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:03 am

LOVE the feathers Lucy and the kids sure look like they are enjoying their camping experience.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby stevo. » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:20 am

She'll never get off the ground! :+
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Return to Introductions: