Hello from Victoria.

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hello from Victoria.

Postby Hippy Camper » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:26 pm

Hi,

I'm relatively new to camping. Bought a double swag 18 months ago and try to get out camping every couple of months for a weekend camp. I find it's a great way to wind down when life gets hectic.

Getting to know my way around Vic. I usually get in the car and tour around until about 4pm and then find the nearest campground for the night.

I'm looking for camping groups if they exist for a few weekend trips. I also need to learn the art of camp cooking desperately in need of some tips in this area.

Can anyone help?

Hippy Camper.
Hippy Camper

Re: Hello from Victoria.

Postby Allan C » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:46 am

Gday!
By the size of me I recon i must know a thing or two about camp cooking! :cheers
Allan C
Boy Scout

Postby Bradd » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Hello fellow Victorian

Where in Vic are you ?

I don't know about any camping "groups" but getting involved in forums like this can lead to meeting like minded people who are looking for same.

We're in Stawell (West Vic) more camping areas than you can poke a stick at out this way.
Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations.
When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong. ~George Carlin
Bradd
Camping Oracle

Postby Tahlee R » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:18 pm

A big welcome Bradd. Afraid I'm not much help as I'm in Sunny QLD but hope you get some good advice for your camping experience. Nothing like the great outdoors....especially in Aussie. :grin: There is a good cooking section here.
Tahlee R
Captain Camping

Postby Drax » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:14 pm

Welcome Hippy Camper,
Check out Parks Victoria website for a list of camping sites: http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1process_details.cfm?activity=5
My favorite camping sties include the caravan park in the Grampians, The Upper Yarra Reservoir and Mt Buffalo.

Geelong way you may want to consider Lake Elizabeth in the Otways and The Brisbane Ranges (though I have not been to either of these places).
Drax
Boy Scout

Return to Introductions: